Inspiration for others (share your network!)

Home Forums General Discussion Inspiration for others (share your network!)

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Javis
    Participant

Thanks a lot, Nique, clear as a klontje !   ( considering your piccie of the Ceintuurbaan and Ferdinand Bol, are you dutch ? … )

Do i understand correctly that, in order to establish a ‘Group’, i click the Group button and then every stop i click gets part of the Group until i click the Group buttton again ?…

Thanks again, much appreciated !

bencze
    Participant

This is really interesting, I was not sure people will change lines as needed. So far I tried to cover full city with 1 line (those are profitable) or having multiple lines from parts of green areas to everywhere (those weren’t).

I guess I’ll have some work to do redoing my 4 major cities lines. 🙂

I have been looking for some ways to increase population as fast as possible but only had moderate success, cities grow very slow, I guess I have to work more on the local and remote lines…

mackintosh
    Participant

Good transit network + steady supply of goods = faster city growth

Nique
    Participant

Grouping busstops
    yes i’m dutch :). Sometimes the game automaticly ‘groups’ stops, first ungroup all stops before you begin grouping. The game groups all stops at the same street automaticly (wish i could turn that off as i do not want that). You can ungroup stops by clicking on the stop signs and click on “ungroup”. The game shoud auto group busstops at crossings AND streets.

Click on a stop at the crossing and in the popup window click the “group” button. When the “group” button is turned blue you can click on another stop to add it to the group. After that you have to select the new group and in the popup you have to repeat the steps to add more stops to the group.

Most cities have 2 lines in my game. But the bigger ones have 3. And the biggest has 4 :). And they are all profitable :).

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Nique.
    gax
    Participant

@Nique: After burning about 1 hour and 11 millions i managed to repeat what you did.  I was so glad i tell you! Then i saved the game. Oops no, that was the exit the game button….:face palm:

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by gax.
    bencze
    Participant

That’s nice. I will review my lines when I get home, in 2-3 hours. :p

Do you have constant 4 + signs for your cities? I usually have those right after I expand lines etc. and then it stops again. Lately only way I could get 500 people cities to grow, was to make tram lines to/from smaller neighbour cities.

Btw for lines connecting cities, I assume if I have proper local transportation, it is enough to have the stations at city edge, it’s not necessary to carry people to the center, right?

Nique
    Participant

@Gax There are auto save files 🙂

@Bencze
    If you have a good bus connection to the center, more people will use your train :).

gax
    Participant

@Nique:  There “were”…from the year before.

gax
    Participant

@Nique: Done,  thank you for your idea and help.  Now where is my vacation?

http://www.train-fever.net/index.php/Thread/425-Bahnhofs-Umbau-unn%C3%B6tig-schwer/?postID=5455#post5455

Azrael
    Participant

My first train station in this game, it went a long way from 1850 to now, in 1960’s/70’s

And here my busiest train station in my biggest city, it lays pretty in the center of the map and has 4 major lines starting/ending here, each for one direction.

Nique
    Participant

@Gax, Neat! Geil! (i know that word is used in Dutch for ‘horny’). It takes some time but taking time to create things is totally worth the result!

@Azrael
    nice work mate! I like the second town!

kennyist
    Participant

Here’s a video and image of my main city and station that has been used since 1850:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrdpDn6xhPw&amp

One of my main industry / passenger cross overs:

And top down of most of the network (small map due to performance issues) where I have one loop network around the lake and map, a branch line from Lostwithiel to Croydon and another town the other way. With one industry line going one on side of the map with cross over to the other station outside of Lostwithiel. Apart from that I have a few lorry routes and every town has tram lines:

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by kennyist.
    Javis
    Participant

(remarkable that you cannot quote a post here… )

Ok, bedankt Nique, gezellig. 🙂 Grouping seems to work nice indeed. Thanks for the tip! Do you think the game goes as far as that once ‘personal cars’ start to appear the bus and tram lines are affected by it ?….  I had all finance of my bus lines in the green but now i’m a bit further ahead with my current setup and i see lots of cars moving about i see more and more red figures turning up…

The finance of my pax train lines doesn’t go as well as before neither…  Seems to me that the further you advance in the game, with more cities connected and more trains and bus lines running, the more difficult it gets to keep a profit going…

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.