My experience with build 5068

Home Forums General Discussion My experience with build 5068

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    eis_os
    Participant

Hmm,  5-10 secs?

I have still waiting times about 50 Seconds @ normal speed level every month. Build 5080
    I do have only a hand full of mod and currently all graphic settings are low.

I guess my town growing runs amok but I have no idea why,  one CPU core  is completely used. I can remove nearly all my player items on the map and it will get faster.
    Phenom II X6 2,8GHz, 8GB Ram, GTX550 TI 2GB
    So: I need more MP code in Train Fever and more debugging info…

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by eis_os.
    isidoro
    Participant

One very positive improvement in this build is the use of keys ‘m’ and ‘n’ to elevate/sink the middle point of tunnels and bridges.  Before that, building them to overpass an obstacle was a pain to me.

Xanos
    Participant

@isidoro, this is possible since the initial release 😉

bloodgiver
    Participant

I agree wuth Xanos here, in this release I get CTD every 5 mins without any reason.

It’s so demotivating 🙁

fransgelden
    Participant

@bloodgiver: I don’t receive any CTD’s on my laptop, this is a vanilla TF, but I did experience CTD’s on my desktop with the mods installed. I suspect the update have changed some files and now some mods not compatible with it. Try starting a fresh map and see if you experience CTD’s and if you do, check your mods.

Xanos
    Participant

The CTDs I had with build 5068 are fortunately gone with build 5080, both played with numerous vehicle and signal/depot mods, but no changed game files.

Of course mods can be a reason for crashed but I am very happy that build 5080 resolved the problems for me without having to check each and every mod.

bloodgiver
    Participant

on previous build I had crach due to graphic card and opengl something ;p – now it’s gone 🙂

@fransgelden
    : Thanks for advice – maybe that’s the point. I’ll restore game to vanilla and check.

simonmd
    Participant

Yes, the ‘N & M’ keys have been active since launch to raise and lower road and track, how have you been making bridges without them? Anyway, I notice it now does state that on the road building option tab so no doubt the poster has only just discovered this, another example of how poor the instructions have been.

Anyway, after not playing so far this year, I’ve started again with this new patch and so far I’ve had one crash which locked up my entire PC when it tried to do an autosave in 1906 (only started at 1900). Now though, I’m upto 1926 and ‘touch would’, it’s running ok. Still get a bit of stutter at the end of the month and again at the Jan 1st save, i’ll report back when I get up to the present day and things get busy.

What else I noticed was that I can’t reuse a previous savegame, it just loads to about 6% and then locks up totally. So, many hours of previous gameplay with some great layouts that I was hoping to return to down the toilet then, thanks a lot! Oh well, we do have textures on the floor of depots now though and having the doors only open on the correct side of the train is a nice bugfix too, let’s hope the performance let’s me continue this time.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by simonmd.
    isidoro
    Participant

Yes.  The feature (‘m’ and ‘n’ keys) were there, but went unnoticed by me.  Now, when seeing the tip in the way building tab, I realized and used them.

And yes, it was really a pain to build a bridge or a tunnel without them, but it is possible by preparing the terrain beforehand…

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

The new patch 5080 claims that doors on trains will now open only on the platform side at stations.  The compartment stock that I am currently using (currently 1898) still open on both sides at stations.  Has anyone else noticed this?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Norfolk_Chris.
    simonmd
    Participant

I posted in the support section about this but strangely, my compartment cars are fine but the later BC4 coaches still open on both sides!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.