My Metropolis (1500 population)

Home Forums General Discussion My Metropolis (1500 population)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Tegron
    Participant

Is there a method to getting city to grow? all my inner lines just go into red rarely going up to 50-60% line usage.. should I avoid linking to leisure/jobs and just have 1 line from some houses to train station?

matsv201
    Participant

I tryed making a subway like system.. and of cause, its kind of problematic because the station have to be over ground, but making a hole and put the station in the hole (the hole just have to be tiny), then the game will make the station flat like a “level down”, just conect the station with underground tunnels and it even neatly made like 3 meters of over ground track to put in signals. This way no stupid railway tracks in side the city. 😉

Mordeth65
    Participant

The more routes into a city the faster it can grow.    I tend to make a hub city as my county seat.   Each city has route into the hub.   That is 6 connections on a small map.    Then, make sure you deliver the freight it needs.   Have 3-4 bus routes feeding your people moving stations.

Just a note here, I have 6 hubs in the hub city that act as main stops.   I try to keep these on the outside edge of the cities.    A hub will consist of a large bus and tram station.    I used to use just Tram Stations, but every game had to be restarted at some point due to traffic lockup at station.     With the bus/tram station setup I have not had this issue.

You want that main hub to have 75% or higher people using your transport.     By about 1930 ish, you should be sitting at about 1000-1100 pop.      I have no idea how people get to 1000 by 1900, I know I cannot do it, the best I have been able to do was about 800.

General
    Participant

“General, did your city recover? Did it get back to the original 2100 population quickly or stay around 1600? When I reloaded my Metropolis save game it was at 1499 instead of 1500 but almost immediately bounced up to 1508.”

Don’t know in this case, i just loaded the game for the screenie. It is, at that play date, pretty much a self runner – it makes comfortable money on itself and only requires the odd vehicle change,. I use it to experiment mostly these days as i have money in abundance. Also aiming for the Billionaire” achievement 😀

Last time i loaded it and played it a while, it recovered, i believe.

Javis
    Participant

Thanks mucho for your elaborate explanation about terrain modding, Klinn !

Very interesting ! Must say i din’t know about M and N for road manipulation ( i do use it to turn stations around). Played around with it a bit and it works great. Understand you’ll have to be a rich man to work the terrain to your liking this way  😉

A very innovative method to make a city more appealing. Thanks a lot again for the inspiration ! ( I just did away with my latest, umpteenth map, no matter the 165M it accumulated, and started a new map in 1850 with your amazing Metropolis in the back of my head.  🙂

( not sure why but sofar i always love to start again, maybe it’s the early years of road and rail transportation that appeal to me much more than the later and contemporary means of transport, wish i could stay there much longer than is possible now)

Yeol
    Participant

I made my goal for the current game to grow a city beyond 1500 inhabitants before the year 2000. I play on the small map, so the number of villages to connect to is limited (6).

In 1850 I started with a village of 220 residents. In 1860 they were with 330. In 1880 I had about 580 people, and now in 1900 I have 870 residents. Cargo is maxed out all the time, coverage is always 90% or more. I don’t know how I could have grow my town faster. 1000 residents by 1900 seems to me quite a lot.

bencze
    Participant

Yep it does seem quite a lot. As I seen town growth is always slow no matter what you do. I use like 6 lines in my capital + the 6 incoming. It’s decades till you actually see some better numbers. 🙂

SFG
    Participant
    pritt
    Participant

http://www.designamatic.com/GraphicsTrainFever/TrainFever-1500Town03-Medium.jpg

Great Job ! Very cooool !

Can you sent me the seed Number of this map ? Thank´s

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by pritt.
    Klinn
    Participant

@SFG — That’s an impressive town! Interesting the way you’ve got significant growth on both sides of the river. Is that because you’ve got a station over there as well as the two on the primary side?

@Pritt
    — Thanks, and I’d be glad to give you the map seed, but where can I find it? I didn’t write it down when starting, is there a command somewhere to display it?

pritt
    Participant

@Klinn:

You must start the game / savegame with this town … And then …

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\192770587\304730\local\crash_dump\stdout

In the file stdout you can find the seed Number … Thank´s – stdout, this is an txt file

pritt
    Participant
    @Klinn:

The best thing would be if you still had the city as a savegame of 1925 
    (according to the terrain adaptation), and can put me in my Dropbox. 
    That would be great.

I need your email adress and send you a link from my dropbox.

SFG
    Participant

@ Klinn

the town always follows the stations means that the Center of the town Switches around the Train stations ……….

Klinn
    Participant

Thanks for the help in finding the seed number Pritt. It’s listed as 1412521986 for that save game, and in case it makes a difference, it’s a medium size flat map.

Unfortunately I do not have a save from 1925 just after the landscaping was completed. The only one I have is when I hit the 1500 population mark in 2051. If you want it, you can download it from my site: http://Downloads.Designamatic.com/TrainFever-Game05-Year2051-Metropolis.zip (64MB)

pritt
    Participant

Thanks for the help in finding the seed number Pritt. It’s listed as 1412521986 for that save game

No Problem. thanks for the savegame. It´s good for learning about how to manage good and passenger lines.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.