New video, from beta (german only)

Home Forums General Discussion New video, from beta (german only)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    hert
    Participant

Can anyone answer this? I didnt really see any passengers to the industries? Will we need to also set up passenger lines to the factories and industrial buildings. Or do they only go to the commercial zones?

pschlik
    Participant

Can anyone answer this? I didnt really see any passengers to the industries? Will we need to also set up passenger lines to the factories and industrial buildings. Or do they only go to the commercial zones?

People go to industrial buildings in towns to work, but they do not go to large industries (mines, steel mills, etc.)

Morat
    Participant

Interesting. Building road and rail looks very nice, quite organic like Cities In Motion 2 but with much better cutting and embankment etc.

If I had a criticism it would be that the graphics don’t seem to have kept pace with the promise shown in the very early tech demo videos. I remember being blown away by those early glimpses, but the landscape seems to be a strangely featureless sea of green with the occasional oddly-shaped set of fields kicking about. I know the gameplay is king, but I was hoping for rather more visual interest from trees and other objects etc.

Very, very excited about getting my hands on the game. I just hope it doesn’t clash with my Oculus Rift arriving.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Morat.
    speedcoaster
    Participant

@Morat

You should not forget that the gameplay in this video is from the BETA version of the game, so this are probably not the final graphics or performance of the game. The version is mostly meant for testing and bug finding.

Morat
    Participant

@speedcoaster

Aye, I’m aware of that and it would be interesting to know how different the beta build is from the current release candidate.

speedcoaster
    Participant

I know what you mean, I am in the Beta and we know a few things which will be added or changed until release, but we don’t have a full feature/change list either for the final version of the game.

Morat
    Participant

There are some questions I’d love to ask you about the beta, but I don’t want you to break the NDA so I’ll wait and see.

Berry
    Participant

I’d have to agree with Morat.

You know that saying ”The grass is always greener on the other side”?

Well, T-F’s grass looks like an accident with nuclear waste. It’s so green.

But actually, for now, the scenery and the AI are my only points of critism. The grass is too green and the world looks very empty. It’d be nice if they added farms or such, they don’t need to be functional (they could be in the future), but just make the scenery less dead.

Right now it’s toxic green grass, fields and occasionaly a tree.

And the AI is just a bit… Yeah… The cars seem to hate each other, and I can already see that they’ll cause massive traffic jams. I think the reason for that is that they just want to move up the intersection, instead of wait ’til it’s clear. And they don’t seem to come to a complete stop, making it even worse.

Oh well, everything in its own time… I’d love to see what the team’s going to do with it.

LocoMH
    Participant

In fact tom.io said that Basil dislikes the current landscape and wants to make it more exciting.

NeighborKid
    Participant

I think it looks great. What I want in a Business sim like this is for the ability to create rail yards for sorting cargo loads for another main line train to pull. By what you mean?

Perhaps having a locomotive specifically take train cars from a coal mine loaded to a local yard. Lets say there are 5-10 tracks in the yard. Train drops off consist in track 3 and a locomotive sitting there couples up and pulls out, or perhaps waits for more trains cars or something.  I just wish a business sim would actually incorporate alot of railroad operations. Not to mention flip around trains at stations, wish there was something to get rid of this.

I wonder if a mod to could come along and actually change these dynamics..   think this would be possible?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by NeighborKid.
    hert
    Participant

Hope we will be able to build dirt roads. Because when he was building the train stations at the industries looked kinda weird this elegant cobblestone road hooked up to a bunch of dirt roads.

pschlik
    Participant

Guys, just remember that it is only a beta, those are all things that will be worked on. 😉

Berry
    Participant

”Guys, just remember that it is only a beta, those are all things that will be worked on. ;)

Sure, but pointing out stuff will actually make the devs aware and aprove surtain things ;). I could just go ”Oh everything’s absolutly wonderful” and give it a 10/10 IGN-style, but there’s always room for improvement Atleast that’s how I think of it. 😛

But it looks like a very solid beta, so that’s great! 😀

NeighborKid
    Participant

Hmmm.. I also thought we would see loading of the train cars. Kinda like sid meiers railroads. It is a neat feature/eye candy. How does oil and wood works for loading? Is it like coal where they deliver the coal to the station for pick up?  I think annexes would be much better instead of a stationS. Perhaps have it attach right off the industries? Watch the coal slide right into hoppers etc

Will there be any form of ports? So we can have stack and Double stack cars? Trains do service ports ALOT.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by NeighborKid.
    Sam Neill
    Participant

Another video source (german):
    Train Fever Gameplay Preview  Transport Zug und Wirtschafts Aufbau Simulation BETA Gameplay

First Video has very loud ingame sounds

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Sam Neill.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Sam Neill.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.