Open Letter to Urban games

Home Forums General Discussion Open Letter to Urban games

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Signed!

Please remove the “Main Connection” restriction!!!
    It’s fully understandable, due to traffic jams counting feature, but totally inappropriate and unnecessary.
    After a big FC4 pause just wanted to come back to the game, and than THIS???

I’m pass for now, check back later..
    🙁

bdiren
    Participant

Do all this releases come through Steam automaticaly or need to load (from anywhere) by myself ? Because still the game freeze and crashes continuously in either my Mac or my PC..:(

DK115
    Participant

@bdiren please do not hi-jack a post! This question is for another post, or start you’re own. Thank you.

Jasper7
    Participant

I’ll chime in, that I want to encourage the Devs to keep working hard at make improvements, read the forums, and if necessary, hire some help. A feature filled polished version of this game will make you a million, and set you up for a version 2 in a couple years as technology improves.

As for the feature as stated above, there may be a time or reason for it within the game eventually. Right now I would focus on no crashes and fixing how tracks can be built, placed, cross, etc…   Fixed track that behaved like a station could solve some issues, but we need the ability to raise or lower it (and stations) when placing – with an understanding of what the heights of the ends of near by tracks and roads are.

Pasi
    Participant

Signed. Also many many other things needs fixing before this game is actually considered as a release version, we still are using a beta version. Which was sold to us on full price…

Traian Trante
    Participant

Half-signed: As it is, the main connection is annoying as hell. Laying tracks just became harder with it.

Two things could solve this nuisance:

-ability to lay road over tracks.

– allowing the player to remove a main connection, but giving him 30 days time to restore it. If he doesn’t restore the connection in 30 days, there should be some penalty.

larry.kubiak
    Participant

Another simple solution : let the users destroy/rebuild the main connections while the game is Paused, and let the game resume only after all main connections are restored.

This would enable the players to update roads or lay track over existing and/or updated roads, without letting the cheat of cutting the main connections persist.

Sturmsschatten
    Participant

Signed,

because “main connection. For me train fever is a model railway, so i can build the way my own, but now its no fun to play.  I dont want a hardcore sim. i want to build many trains, cargo trains (obvious trucks are better, i know :> ) For me it was sandbox fun, with little money problems.

simonmd
    Participant

Another simple solution : let the users destroy/rebuild the main connections while the game is Paused, and let the game resume only after all main connections are restored.

This would enable the players to update roads or lay track over existing and/or updated roads, without letting the cheat of cutting the main connections persist.

Fantastic idea, solves both problems!

Pasi
    Participant

Why it is always brought up that cutting off the roads is cheating? Against who? This isn’t a game where it matters in any level and if people want to play their game that way, they should be allowed to do so. Least that should be done is to have this feature optional so you can turn it on or off as you please.

Traian Trante
    Participant

larry.kubiak : yes, this is the best way !

FX2K
    Participant

I see the word ‘CHEAT’ being used a lot…

I guess they should encrypt the costs.lua and also the vehicle specific files then too, since they can be used to “Cheat” also.

Although I have not played this for some time due to the poor performance (and likely won’t until that is resolved) I didn’t bulldoze these roads to ‘cheat’.

I bulldozed them to cut off some of the factories / raw material producers because there are simply too many, too random and the self delivering cargo is just stupid.

Instead, I had to transport goods from one / two factories across the map, which made much more sense to me, know its just truck fever, with poor performance.

LB
    Participant

Main connection wouldn’t be an issue if there were more upgrade options that actually worked. Example: Upgrade a level crossing to an underpass or bridge without having to delete and rebuild the road. Dragging road over rail; this would stop the need to bulldoze a bit of road to place an underpass or bridge. Tagging a road as main connection if and ONLY if it was the ONLY route to and from a built location. Not the fastest, not the best, but the ONLY route to a built location. Not a location that has nothing, but a location that has at least one building. If you bulldoze that building, remove the main connection tag. I understand the concept; OTTD used a similar feature where a town wouldn’t let you bulldoze certain things. It happens in reality; governments and transport organisations can’t just build roads and rail wherever they please. It just needs the above adjustments and it’ll actually be a good feature.

Mike
    Participant

Amen to that!!
    DEVs are finally on it now, let’s see where it goes…

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Mike.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.