[suggestion] Remove Full Load Order, Implemet Load for X Seconds order

Home Forums General Discussion [suggestion] Remove Full Load Order, Implemet Load for X Seconds order

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Tossi
    Participant

It’s fine if you want some new features but wanting to remove one because you don’t know how to use it is … well I don’t even know how to call it. The “full load any” order is very usefull. I use it on every raw materials line after it reaches it’s potential and it works great.

LB
    Participant

Full load is not the problem. I use it successfully all the time, for both trains and trucks (I haven’t used it for passengers yet, admittedly). There is another underlying problem that is affecting full load. The real problem lies somewhere amongst the reliance on frequency or the 20 min rule. In reality, especially for cargo, it will take the fastest route available, which quite often can take a few days; more than 20 mins.

This is particularly noticeable on a new truck cargo line. If you only build one truck and send it to wait for full load at a depot, chances are it will never load, due to the line frequency being too high. Sometimes you need to build 3 or 4 trucks to get the frequency of the line to less than or equal to 4 min which seems to be the “sweet spot”. Since 4 trucks can block access to a truck station, you’d need to send no more than 2 trucks to the depot, while stopping any subsequent ones until the first one has left. Stopped trucks that are still assigned to a line still contribute to the line frequency. Once the line is operational, you only need to monitor it from time to time to make sure that you have enough trucks; not too many or not too few.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.