Top Speed

Home Forums General Discussion Top Speed

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Person012345
    Participant

Your posts, Javis:

So do your city > city passenger train lines accumulate a bit of profit ? I’m trying again, 3 cities connected via bus and 3 other cities connected via rail ( city D>E>F and vice versa ). Only one train with 5 carriages, 85 pax total. Quite good in the beginning, 1920′s, balance in the green, but now in the1940′s usage starting to deteriorate, balance in the red. Might try adding another train but like it has always been, it’s the beginning of the end…  Hate having to sell trains and delete lines because they cost millions. This never happens with bus lines….

Sure i’ve tried that but sooner or later it always fails. Maybe i’m doing something wrong but it’s always the passenger trains that will stop being profitable. It’s true though, the biggest amount of citizens in a city i managed to accumulate sofar is about 1300 while most others remain beneath 1000. I suppose that must’ve something to do with it too. I did always play a small map though. Now trying a medium map, see how that goes.

You clearly say you can’t make profit with passenger trains once people start using cars.

Javis
    Participant

Yessir, that’s absolutely true. Maybe that’s why they called it ‘Train Fever’…. A fever will luckily always stop sooner or later. It’s either a good or bad chosen name, depending on how you look at it. 😉

It’s not that my pax trains are running empty after a while, it’s just that they run from fully occupied in the beginning to only half full after a decade or two and then with a pax number that never exceeds something like 20 anymore. Even half full pax trains are not profitable anymore.

I live near a train  station, local half hour service, 15 minutes during peak hours, connecting about 10 small towns to a big city. Outside of the morning and late afternoon peak hours, where people have to stand because there are no seats left, these trains also run less than half full or with only a few passengers. So i guess that’s normal in TF too. It’s just that i never noticed anything like ‘peak hours’ in TF. The number of passengers at average remains more or less the same. Lots when a pax train service is started, sooner or later just a few…

Do *your* passenger trains  keep on being profitable right up into the twentieth or even twentyfirst century ?….

Javis
    Participant

” Regarding trucks getting stuck in inter city traffic, I use bus lanes along the cargo route. This prevents them getting held up when the crazy traffic strikes.Of course, this doesn’t help when slower trucks hold faster ones up, but personally, I don’t mix them and have the same speed trucks on the same routes. “

Yes, i don’t wait with setting up bus lanes along a cargo route neither, works fine. My OP was just after i saw this awful slow Aboag bus puttering along at 25km on a country road with 10 of these nice fast Opel Blitz trucks stuck behind it. A funny sight ! 😉

Only happens during a specific period in time of course where we can already buy fast trucks but the only available bus is still the Aboag. Never have this problem with trucks neither. If a faster truck becomes available i replace them all.

Person012345
    Participant

Do *your* passenger trains  keep on being profitable right up into the twentieth or even twentyfirst century ?….

Yup: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/50991260314242451/435ED48A72F3C5DD603B99B932E97A37AEA07828/

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.