September 11, 2014 at 16:24 #7327MadParticipant
I have been playing this game for almost 50 hours after I bought it this week.
In my game plays there were a few things regarding the track building features that I thought it really needs.
– Double tracks building
– Track length counter when building
– Angle counter for tracks in degrees
– Upgrade an entire track route or the whole network to catenary or high speed
– Upgrade all signals on an entire track route or the whole network
– Hybrid train station that can do both passengers and cargo at the same time
– Train stations with more than five platforms
– Add option to replace a train when sent to depot to be sold if a train exists in the depot
– When a track has been placed but not built allow us to add two sections in the middle where we can select the elevation to create a bridge or a tunnel
If you have more suggestion add them here.September 12, 2014 at 00:59 #7511LuewenParticipant
About more than 5 tracks per station.
For a fast band aid until and if we get more platforms. Just put two 5 track station next to each other and group them. They will act as a one station after. You will need to make new lines to certai station though so every train dont use the 1 stations tracks only.September 12, 2014 at 09:15 #7550zylarkParticipant
– Upgrade of tracks to High-Speed and/or Catanary: This should have an option to do so on an entire line. So as you select the catenary tool, you get an option – manual or line. If you select line, you get a list of your lines that still do not have electricity, upon selecting the line you want you get the cost to upgrade and an option to build or cancel.
As it is now, it is very tedious building catenaries manually, as you need to hunt down all those little pieces of track at intersections, some only a couple of pixels wide, before electric trains will accept the track.
Same thing should be done with upgrading from normal to high speed tracks.
– Vehicle list should have the same option as lines, as in ability to display all, only trains, only road-vehicles or only trams. Would clean up the vehicle list to no end.
– Minimap, please give.
– Working signals. I mean, they work as is, but they should be animated as in the arm going up and down or light shifting from red to white (or green) depending on status of the signal.
– Dynamic selection of station platform would be excellent. The train would select the first free one it got access to rather than be fixed.
– Build track by means of laying down waypoints. Would put an end to the endless build track – screwed up – bulldoze track approach to track-laying done now. Would include a “double-track” option.
– A follow-cam would be great. Where the camera sits on top of the train and pans and tilts with the direction of movement of the train.September 12, 2014 at 09:47 #7553VaranaParticipant
– Upgrading with catenary: Currently, if you upgrade the tracks in a station, it loses all of its passengers. That’s stupid.September 12, 2014 at 10:12 #7561yidParticipant
It appears that the same wishes being brought up over and over again.
I’d like to hear something from the developers about them. So, dear devs: which of these problems seem to be important or unimportant to you, and which ones would you like to fix first?September 12, 2014 at 11:45 #7595darquanParticipant
Bridges. Elevated building starting points to build bridges over other tracks.September 12, 2014 at 12:04 #7596HadesekParticipant
I have too few improvements, which are only cosmetics, but can improve feeling from game …
– add possibility to install buffer stop – example http://www.elektrickevlacky.cz/images/RO42608.jpg
– add possibility to create water areas and trees or forrests
September 12, 2014 at 12:05 #7598DinofinoParticipant
- This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Hadesek.
Like in reality i’d like to see elevated and “sunken”(not underground) stations so you can build more realistic railways through cities just above or below street level, and with the “entrance point (road/building)” at normal level so that you don’t have to make weird steep roads down up/down to the station. I think that would be nice!
And as mentioned before, i’d like to build curved platforms/stations!
Other than that i think the game is close to perfect!September 13, 2014 at 15:05 #7898MadParticipant
– Better procedural generation between flat, medium and hilly
– Change the order of stations on an existing route
A lot of the suggestions here is improving the existing features by giving us more advanced options for those of us who like perfectionism. I would really like to see them in the game.
Would also be nice to make this sticky so people can make their suggestion and the developers try to add whatever they can.September 14, 2014 at 02:09 #8046LuewenParticipant
Zylark. There is a follow cam for vehicles. Just click the small target icon upper left corner of the trains/buses etc window.September 15, 2014 at 02:41 #8374Musing888Participant
Roads should also have the ability to be selected as “bus/tram only” or “pedestrian only” when building road transportation up to train stations. That way you can keep the main line traffic (AI cars) off of your small public (bus/tram) transport roads.
What is one of the great parts of this game is also its curse: towns automatically grow. In the early part of the game, this growth helps you direct your transport/cargo lines and you don’t really need to build any roads. However, late game is a completely different story. I have done some serious urban landscaping (destroyed most of the city to rebuild a more desired streets layout), but the computer will create roads automatically which dashes any hopes of directing traffic through a certain part of town (such as having a hub for train/tram/bus in one section and keeping all other traffic centered on a large grid or highway). The AI cars keep on using my roads designed for connecting my different transport systems (such as bus to train) and cluttering up the area until the AI deems it necessary to create an undesired road.
My suggestion is to be able to turn growth on and off (like an option toggle in the in-game options) or to somehow specify that a road segment should not be added to (such as selecting a tool called ‘Stand-Alone Street’ and clicking on the road segment as you would to upgrade a road or electrify a segment of track) to stop the computer from trying to create roads between your carefully orchestrated road system.
I also believe that adding turntables and buffers would keep the authentic theme of this amazing game!September 15, 2014 at 09:19 #8402zylarkParticipant
Luewen wrote: “Zylark. There is a follow cam for vehicles. Just click the small target icon upper left corner of the trains/buses etc window.”
Yes I know that – but it do not pan and tilt with the direction of travel for the train you follow, which is what I’d like to see.
oh, and I got an addition to my wishlist:
– The game should remember last type of bridge you used, and have that as the default for when building more bridges. As it is now, if you build a bridge in sections, you risk having one kind of bridge for the ascent and another for the level and/or descent part of the bridge.September 15, 2014 at 13:04 #8446DeeSeeParticipant
About more than 5 tracks per station.
For a fast band aid until and if we get more platforms. Just put two 5 track station next to each other and group them. They will act as a one station after. You will need to make new lines to certai station though so every train dont use the 1 stations tracks only.
This won’t enable passengers to travel between those stations as they do between platforms of the single one.
– Add traffic lights to the roads (without traffic lights I can observe huge traffic jams because every car has to stop on the crossroad)
– Restrict cars from moving on bus lanes. Although most cars obey bus lanes, some do not, and it causes buses to stuck in jams.
– Add the second entrance to the railway station on the opposite side.
– Loading/unloading speed should be proportional to the number of entrances (or cars in case of cargo) in train. This is really strange that two times longer train loads two times longer 🙂
– Add a possibility to use any available lane on railway station, i.e. station lane should not be static.
– Instead of implicit logic of the factory to choose your route or not, and “self-walking cargo”, I’d suggest to add a storage to every industry object, and make it produce goods once you empty this storage with your trucks. This’ll make cargo routes more controllable and realistic.
– Work hard on performance, because even on small map with 6 towns of 1000 average population, frame rate drops below 10 on Core i7 870, GeForce GTX670 and 16 Gb RAM.
– Add some statistics for the player to better understand where to put some new routes. This statistics could be indication whether inhabitants of some house use/don’t use your routes, color indication of routes usage, etc.
– Make AI consider traffic jams, so it chooses public transport as faster in case when there is heavy traffic cognestion.
– Raise production cap of industries, because town with 1500 population consumes over 200 goods, and further growth may cause the problem of deficit.September 15, 2014 at 13:43 #8450DeeSeeParticipant
Forgot to mention that it would be great to have an option to automatically replace old transport on the line. Like you have a route which generates a good profit and it’s stable enough, and you just turn “automatically replace old vehicles” option on and forget about this route forever.September 15, 2014 at 17:00 #8493JozefParticipant
Really nice wishlist. Bus:
I think guys this game should come out for Xmas. There is still so much to add and rebalance and optimise.
Somehow I can not shake this feeling that we got beta not a stable and ready to be released game.
For example I am playing small maps and sometimes I have huge FPS drops. And I do not think that my PC is old. I am well above minimal and optimal HW requirements.
I really hope that devs and community will make the best from this game as there is huge potentional 🙂
I can’t stop playing it every day.
Hope that our wishlist will be fullfilled one day 🙂
- The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.