Another beta video – Or stream rather.

Home Forums General Discussion Another beta video – Or stream rather.

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Mansen
    Participant

In case you just can’t have enough of the beta footage, here’s a quick 40min stream I did the other day – Unfortunately it’s muted due to issues with OBS that I didn’t catch before streaming.

But you can just ask here if you’ve got any questions. (I’ll probably make a few, longer streams once I ensure I can record with my mic on)

I’m fairly new to the game so expect some basic mistakes. 😛

http://www.twitch.tv/mansen_/b/558807730

• This topic was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Mansen. Reason: layout
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Mansen. Reason: more layout
    Mansen
    Participant

You can skip the first two minutes of Map Generation to go straight to the gameplay*

baronjutter
    Participant

Might want to re-do with sound.

Mansen
    Participant

Yes, definitely hehehe 😀

olahaldor
    Participant

Refreshing to finally see the game in better image quality for a change. 🙂

Mansen
    Participant

Welp – Managed to record another session without voice again. This time I blame Logitech entirely for resetting my audio outputs without notifying me of it. (Making notes here to double check that for next time…)

So yeah… If you want another 1½ hour of ingame music and nothing else it’s available now. :/

http://www.twitch.tv/mansen_/b/559778886

hert
    Participant

I noticed in your video that you use a lot stops in the cities. Is that really necessary? I have seen that people will walk to your stations so you wouldnt need that many. But I could be wrong.

Mansen
    Participant

Force of habit, and I haven’t really tested how far the busstop coverage is – I like to have a good coverage to feed my trains and intercity lines.

Strictly speaking the objective here is to connect the Residential zones with Commercial and Industry (But not C & I together). The circular lines with lots of stops save me from redoing the lines too much when trams and city expansion happen. It also looks pretty. 🙂

Looking back at the footage, the bitrate could be higher – But since Twitch won’t let viewers decide their downstream quality, I can’t really push it higher if I want to let people watch it live… 🙁

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Mansen.
    hert
    Participant

Ah cool stuff. I noticed also you use the circular design road station. Whats different about it from the other ones I have seen?

Mansen
    Participant

The big one? It has a higher capacity than the small bus stops, making it a great idea for a pick up/drop off point for the intercity passengers, since it won’t fill up as fast.

Mansen
    Participant

And another video – This time with my microphone working (a slight miracle). It ends a bit sudden an hour in when the game crashed though to my annoyance.

http://www.twitch.tv/mansen_/b/560832476

(There are a few sudden pauses and mic mutes – Roommates walking around in my room unannounced. I’ll see if I can figure out a “pause stream” function or something for future streams)

GeoffersH
    Participant

Thank you Mansen for showing us your video’s. The best so far, when it comes to showing how the game developes. I notice that you have familiar town names, so I take it that you can name each town to what you like. Just one more question. Are the videos done in Sandbox mode or in the game mode as you seem to be spending lots of money to get all the lines operating.

Really looking forward to getting my pre-ordered game.

Mansen
    Participant

Afraid not – They’re just the regular “English language” town names. If you’re playing the German version, you’ll get German towns (equally silly ones). Both are kept in easy to edit files if you want different names though.

There’s just the one gamemode right now – The economy probably hasn’t been entirely balanced yet I imagine. (The 1% loans are a bit of a no-brainer at the moment).

Everything is expensive early on, especially the railroads (Doesn’t help that the trains are really slow and powerless early on either) Hope I’ll be able to take a savegame to the lategame and see how the economy adapts – beta stability willing. 😀

GeoffersH
    Participant

Again, thanks for the info. Since watching your streaming in full screen, I can clearly see all the pop up boxes and what does what, when building new lines etc. I suppose once you get into it, it all becomes pretty easy to understand.

Mansen
    Participant

Another video is up – I managed to unplug my Mic half an hour in like an idiot though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.