Another performance update ?

Home Forums Support Another performance update ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Tattoo
    Participant

Ah ha ha ha, I see nothing has changed in the last month.  Same shit, different day. They got my money but this was a very well learned lesson about games bought on Steam. You can’t trust em. Yeah, lets see how much they fix in the next patch considering they’re working on more trains now. I’m curious to see how much time they allotted to a fix rather than adding more trains. I didn’t even install the last update. No sense in it.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!! More trains to put in a game that can’t run them. YAY!!! Sorry you can’t have fun while using them, though, because our game sux. Yeah, you’re priorities are in order, alright. Morons….

FX2K
    Participant

Perhaps the much needed performance patch will come with Train Fever 2 😉

I’ve pretty much given up hope at this point and it seems the dev’s have too.
    Lets just fill it with more content, more animated things, more useless mechanics and hope people don’t mind playing at 5fps.

A potentially great game, absolutely ruined by the performance and clunky UI, IMO OFC.

Michael1110
    Participant

Well… the fps aren’t that much of an issue for me compared to the game actually getting stuck almost every month for far too long : (

If they “fix” (yeah more like rewriting the core for multithreading) then at least the game becomes “playable” again.

medopu
    Participant

I get crash every 2 years or 1 year and a half. I have to wait at the end of a month like 5 seconds before it jumps on the next month, and FPS is so low it would be funny if it weren’t real experience.

I’m amazed at how well this game isn’t working.

Was this game ever tested or played for 100 game years before released to public. Yes everything starts well and fine. But once you play for 100 game years, place 40 or 50 trains, this game starts to crawl. And crash ofcourse.

I’m not even hoping for a patch because never has a patch ever ‘fixed’ such a crawl-speed & crashes, something is wrong very deep into the code, i can’t realistically see a patch fixing a broken game, i’m sorry.

I’ve seen many broken games fps&crash wise. No patch has ever fixed those games. If developers knew how to make a game playable they would’ve done it by now.

coujou
    Participant

Maybe there’s something wrong deep in the code, but that’s their problem. We paid for a working game and it doesn’t work. So they have to fix it, even if it means rewriting the whole game. And if they are not going to fix it, at least they should confess publicly, that they are greenhorns to programming and it was too much for them (or wizards – they earned thousands of euros on a totally not working project – congratulations).

pyllin
    Participant

Another user with problems here, just like you are commenting here, i love this game but it’s unplayable 🙁

coujou
    Participant

Yes, nice to see the devs answering other topics and ignoring this one (or similar ones).

brunna
    Participant

I started this topic  in December 4, 2014 but the situation is still the same …. :/ I hope that the devs working on a new patch ever since  and not the USA DLC… 🙁

mikael

Yes the programmers are working on the performance patch.

The patch will be released next week.

brunna
    Participant

Ooo Yeah ! 😀 Thanks for the reply! 😉

Bring It On!

Michael1110
    Participant

Thanks for the info mikael!

Hopefully with it the game becomes playable again : )

simonmd
    Participant

I’m not holding my breath. This game surely can’t be fixed with a patch. We’re talking total re write here, basically, a ‘Train Fever II’. I hope I’m wrong, I really do as I LOVE THIS GAME and would dearly love to play it to it’s full potential.

Blokker_1999
    Participant

simonmd, it’s impossible to make such a statement from the sideline. Let’s wait and see. A few weeks ago someone made a request for our development team and one of our developers said: it will never happen, too much work and not enough benefit while another said that it wouldn’t take much work. And there you have 2 people who knew the code. Looked like the second was right because all we needed to change was about a dozen lines of code.

coujou
    Participant

I also think they can only optimize it, so we will be able to play longer without lags. I am nearly 100% sure that after some 200 years it won’t be as fluent as in the beginning of the game without complete rewriting. But looking forward to it.

vinkandoi
    Participant

Its hard to be judgemental before things are released. Some updates bring tremendous changes. For example in GTA4 for pc patch brought a huge increase in performance. I hope the next patch really make the lags history.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.