Another performance update ?

Home Forums Support Another performance update ?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    brunna
    Participant

Which next week will be available the patch ? 🙂

I can’t continue my savegame… :/ I have too much lagg in 1989 :/

I don’t need so much only I want to play with correct settings…with enough FPS

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by brunna.
    coujou
    Participant

They promised THIS week… Tick tock tick tock…

Xcenty
    Participant

@coujou: I’m waiting too… If I have to have next week, no problem for me if the patch is promising 🙂

I’ve a decent configuration. but the game is definitively CPU consuming.

Michael1110
    Participant

@coujou: Mikael didn’t promise anything. He expected it to be released this week but apparently something delayed it (like Steam for instance).

eis_os
    Participant

They seem to heavily test currently on steam, the steam testing was changed 5 times the last two hours…

Looks like some problems…

Michael1110
    Participant

@eis_os: Interesting. Possibly trying to still push it out today : )

brunna
    Participant

Where can I watch their steam testing ?

eis_os
    Participant
    FX2K
    Participant

I just got an update for TF, so fingers crossed.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/304730/announcements/detail/154581565738587320

• This reply was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by FX2K.
    Michael1110
    Participant

Got the Update. While I can confirm that the game in general runs smoother now the main problem (game getting stuck at the end of the month for some time) still exists. Possibly a new Savegame is needed… :/

FX2K
    Participant

Well there are noticeable improvements but I would have hoped to see something to resolve the issues with multiple PIP windows causing massive drops, perhaps a single PIP which shows the selected vehicle only, rather than 10 useless PIP windows because you bought 10 new buses.. or even better, an option to turn of the PIP would be nice!

One window drops 10fps, 2 about 15, 3 around 20fps..by which time the cursor starts lagging and just trying to manage a paused game can become uncomfortable. Yeah yeah, hit DEL and re-open the window you actually wanted… hmmm….Nevermind.

Its better, so hats off the the dev’s for the additional optimisations and also keeping their promise of further optimisations and releasing today…but its still lacking when it comes to actually playing the game and using the UI (performance wise) IMO.

Michael1110
    Participant

@FX2K: I agree. PIP should have an option to be disabled because of the performance draw (every game I have played that did this pretty much adds/activates a full new camera to the game and thus has to render far more). It especially is annoying when you buy many new vehicles because at that point the game grinds almost to a halt, depending on how populated the world is, opening a PIP for each one for no logical reason in my opinion… I think it works better that the PIP doesn’t open when you buy vehicles, only when you click on it in the depot.

Plus the game engine’s optimisation currently doesn’t allow it too run smoothly because its too CPU bound (my GPU is somewhat bored with Train Fever)

Or have an option to limit the max. amount of PIP that are allowed to be opened at any given time.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.