British trains

Home Forums General Discussion British trains

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

@HumberLoop it is yes, coming very soon™

SB

HumberLoop
    Participant

How exciting! What’s the price tag going to be?

Steve
    Participant

@HumberLoop we haven’t decided yet but most likely around the usual price for content. It will be the most advanced passenger train experience you’ve ever had 😉

HumberLoop
    Participant

Neat,
    There’s just one last off-topic question I’d like to ask:
    Are you on the official dev team or one of the third party content creators?

GeoffersH
    Participant

First let me say that this title is going to be the crème de la crème of transport games. The graphics are absolutely amazing and if it is mod compatible, it won’t be long before we will be seeing some British loco’s and rolling stock. Having said that, what is needed are locos from the early periods through to modern day, so that starting a scenario from the 1800’s, appropriate locos and stock can be incorporated.

As a starter, how about the ‘Rocket’ or maybe this would be a little earlier than where the game starts. The Stirling single would make a good starting point and maybe other later well known loco’s like ‘City of Truro’ leading up to the 1930’s with locos such as the A4, A3 (Flying Scotsman) Coronation Class (Streamlined, such as Duchess of Hamilton) and maybe some Southern, School’s, BOB or MN Class. Then later during the 60’s period some Diesels like the Deltic, Class 37/40 and 47’s.

But hey, let’s not get too ambitious, even the old British buses could be included in a full British Transport add on pack.

I am sure that this game is really going to catch on pretty fast, as going off what I have seen in the Beta release video’s it will take some beating. There is lot’s of scope for this game, by adding goods transportation, ships and even aircraft, who knows what it may lead to. One thing is certain, it has a bright future and if sales really take off worldwide, it will be around for many years.

Steve
    Participant

@HumberLoop, I’m a third-party developer. I’ve been working on the project for the last 4 years, in between battling serious illness.

@GeoffersH
    I have some plans to do some steam too, probably mostly anything by James Stanier – arguably the best locomotive designer ever. I have a fair amount of diesel content ready to go virtually as well as rolling stock. I may even be tempted to do the odd bus and truck 😛

GeoffersH
    Participant

That’s brilliant news Steve. I think you mean William A Stanier, he was the main loco designer for the LMS. Anyway, good luck with your project, but don’t forget the London Routemaster bus, this has to be the most popular Brish bus ever built.

Steve
    Participant

Doh! Ofc it is, that’s the third time I’ve called him James lol. Thanks for the correction.

Routemaster is definitely on my list as well as a fair few 50s/60s buses, gotta love those curvy shapes. Buses just don’t have the character they used to these days.

GeoffersH
    Participant

Steve  gotta love those curvy shapes. Buses just don’t have the character they used to these days.

Ah a man of the old school, remember those lovely old trams too? Like the Liverpool Goddesses and those lovely 30’s Blackpool Balloons and Railcoaches, now replaced in Blackpool by modern low floor continental trams.

Showing my age me think’s well let’s put it this way, I was 13 when the Liverpool trams finished in 1957

Steve
    Participant

Ah I’m a 70s child but I grew up with 2 strong transport enthusiasts who used to treat me to rides on vintage buses, trams and trains, even the odd lorry. Such beautiful things and so much personality, nothing like you get these days.

My grandad drove trains up and down the Somerset and Dorset during the war so we used to get all the stories of what it was like to be driving a steam train in the pitch black, with fire curtains up, and German bombers flying overhead. Later he worked on the buses in and around Bristol, lots of 50s beauties. I still have a load of the photos of him at the wheel. Pretty sure it was a British Leyland bus he loved the most.

olahaldor
    Participant

Steve, magnificent piece of work. I’d love to see more.

What’s your secret sauce to modeling? I had a go at a Stadler Flirt (NSB Type 74) with splines today. Worked like a charm yet tons to learn, as I’ve mostly done airport hangars, terminals and other kind of buildings – and never even touched vehicles.

Steve
    Participant

I started out just like most amateur modellers, just wanting to make stuff for games. For me it was making trains for a new simulator. From there I just practised every day until I could form shapes and mould them into objects that looked like what I was modelling.

In the end, I reached a point where I didn’t seem to be progressing and doing certain models was particularly difficult. So I went and did a 2 year diploma in Modelling & Design for the Automotive Industry. I learned so much doing that and even scored a job working for Bentley designing components used for their cars.

I guess what I’m saying is, first learn the software, find out everything you can about it and what every bit of it does and then just start creating things. The more you practice, the more you’ll just get it. Also what i find that helps is to have an understanding how the object is created in the real world, how is it engineered, how do they form those shapes – it will really help you understand how different materials work and what you can and can’t do to it to make things look even more realistic.

If you want to learn more, there are some really great video courses you can do online for next to nothing, digitaltutors.com have some amazing courses on automotive modelling, well worth the money, particularly if you want to turn your skills into something you can sell for money. Lynda.com have some great courses in helping you become more familiar with software packages, such as 3DS Max, the leading industry standard 3D modelling package.

I also do trucks >

Bogies >

Coaches >

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Steve.
    HumberLoop
    Participant

Those are some lovely model.
    It’s definitely nice to hear that people with your set of skills are going to be creating content for this game.
    Any chance you might model some French or American equipment?

Steve
    Participant

Sure I’ll give it a go, actually I need to create some American freight cars for another project I’m working on so might as well kill two birds with one stone 🙂

GeoffersH
    Participant

Nice models Steve. So I am not the only old codger, enjoying transport type games. I am still a strong Microsoft Train Sim user, can’t get on with the latest Railworks and Train sim 13, so just stick to MSTS. I have done a few routes for MSTS, namely Blackpool Tramway Illuminations version and rebuild the old Scottish Central Route to Scottish Central Plus. I have hundreds of routes for this simulator, but when I saw Train Fever, I thought that it looked so good compared to earlier games of this type, that I definitely was going to order a copy, which I have done through Steam. Just waiting for the release date now.

Where do you come from Steve? I am from Tamworth in the Midlands.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.