British trains

Home Forums General Discussion British trains

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    olahaldor
    Participant

Thanks Steve. Good insight and very nice models.

Actually, I’m stepping away from over 10 years in the TV industry where I’ve been doing a lot of tech-heavy things for live broadcasts as well as post-production such as color grading and visual effects. Due to fewer jobs openings and at much lower pay than ever before, I’m going to take a couple of years pursuing the 3D hobby I’ve had for just as long as I’ve been working with TV.

The school will be teaching mainly Maya, but I’ve used LightWave and a CAD plugin for all these years, which I think will be a valuable asset. I’m looking forward to learn Maya, and will absolutely utilize some of the things I learn with LightWave as well.

Steve
    Participant

Maya is just as powerful as 3DS Max so you’ll be well set  for modelling for the games industry. I’ll probably end up posting a guide on things like shaders and setting up your materials, so that’s the other side of the coin you’ll need to know before you can get your models into game.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and if you get absolutely stuck, I’d be happy to give a few pointers.

olahaldor
    Participant

Let’s make a new thread where we share WIP and final stuff to keep things tidy, and keep this one on topic. 🙂

Steve
    Participant

That’s a good idea, I’ll do that although we might get proper forums when the game goes live, so might be an idea to wait until then. Perhaps we should just start a thread for general content creation ideas?

lockwood88
    Participant

Steve your a genius loving the APT for TS , wish i could model trains , i would do the Class 104 , 120 DMU’s

lockwood88
    Participant

And Steve do you have a website with all your WIP pics?

this game looks amazing pre ordered and cant wait only a few more days ow

Steve is it possible you can contact me directly about something please

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

@Steve

Very, very nice modelling, hope you make some nice ones for TF. If you have the beta you could try to use the mod manager from here: maybe it’s possible to get some models working already.

http://www.train-fever.net/index.php/Thread/67-ModManager-TFMM-Train-Fever-Mod-Manager/?postID=936#post936

Maybe you’re also willing to help making some dutch N.S. trains (I truly hope so :), if so there’s a topic here:

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/anybody-planning-to-make-a-ns-nederlandse-spoorwegen-trainset/

Keep up the good work

Steve
    Participant

Thanks for the kind comments guys 🙂

@Lockwood88
    , I don’t have a website at present. I’m hopeful to give further details on APT soon.

@trainsimulatorjunction
    , I could if you gave me your contact info?

@Jonathan078NL
    , I might be persuaded to do some Dutch content, I have a fair list of things I want to do however but first I need the game so I can assess what can be done in terms of modding 🙂

knuffi231187
    Participant

is there a website for teh british train fever comunity ?

maybe they have some uk trains ^^

i still looking for that but it looks like no one is intrestet to build some of this really nice trains :-/

knuffi231187
    Participant

but You are all wellcome at this website

http://www.train-fever.net

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by knuffi231187.
    knuffi231187
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.