[MOD] Cargo Mod (made by Gwinda)

Home Forums Modding [MOD] Cargo Mod (made by Gwinda)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Timbo
    Participant

Is this mod bugged?

Production seems to stall and not increase, at any industry. Production seems to stay between 1 and 4, after many years of collection and delivery.

Without the mod, any industry I connect to increases its production fairly rapidly, and upgrades within a year or two to increase production yet further.

Anyone else finding this issue too.?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Timbo.
    Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Updated thread to newest version: 4215.1

changelog:

Removed the modified forest industry. The Vanilla version in Build 4215 have the same features now.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Jonathan078NL.
    starman001
    Participant

@Timbo :

This is, because the industry in this mod works different… A bit “unrealistic” imo, but it gives you a challenge.

The demand for goods is now the key factor, and to create the correct demand, you need to work from the Top (Goods) to the bottom (ressources)

In order to get the industry starting, you need to create the demand. And you create the demand when you create the infrastructure.

i.e. Set up the route where the final goods are being transported to the city… You will have to use empty vehicles for that though, because of the strange way industries calculate the needs in vanilla (most important that strange 20 min factor).

The annoying part (IMO πŸ™‚ )Β  however, is that you have to create the entire chain before the production really starts. So create the Infrastruktur (Depots and Setup “Lines) for all factories… I’m not fully sure it’s necessary to put vehicles on all of them yet, but I think the infrastructure is enough.

So you need to check for industry in the vicinity to get the goods delivered from A to B in 20 Minutes, and when everything is setup, they start producing. (Normal roads that can deliver without trucks in 20 minutes will be aknowledged from the industry)

You can earn money for that step very good with intercity passengertransport. First busses, then trains.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by starman001.
    Timbo
    Participant

Starman.
    Thanks for the response.

Yep – makes sense and seems to work.

After HUGE expense and many years, I now have a full Household Goods chain working, and production at all industries is finally increasing.

Wow, that was a challenge. πŸ™‚

Timbo

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Timbo.
    Timbo
    Participant

Ok, next step.

Now I’m mystified as to how to increase production further across the chain.

If production is demand-led, so from the top of the chain with household goods, surely increasing demand for household goods will lead to the household industry demanding more from the resource industries?

This doesn’t seem to happen. I have my Household goods supplying three nearby towns, who are all at around 10% of cargo capacity (~5/50 cargo supplied). All the industries down the chain are under-utilised ~15/25 or so, yet all the trains that carry goods from those industries are also less than half full.

How do I increase production further? What am I doing wrong?

starman001
    Participant

Same for me…. 3 Cities are in supply reach with high demands, all chains are active and definitly overpopulated with empty vehicles, certainly no issue for the 20 minute limit… maybe there is something going on in the background that blocks..

I made a try 2 days back and created the 3 good industries (household from plastic, furniture from wood and tools from metalbars)… The supply chain is of course quickly setup, and my short test (didn’t played very long) made my ressource industry to produce like champs even in the 1850’s…..

the demand system is a bit strange πŸ™‚ Personally, I would be more happy with a system like in transport gigant… given max production per month from the industry, as long as you deliver the goods needed…

However, in order not to create a even more boring money machine, we would need more industry, more goods and a overhaul of the money system to make it stillΒ  a challange for the player….

But I’m confident for the future πŸ™‚

Timbo
    Participant

Yep agreed, more work is needed on the industry side of things.

The passenger side of things seems to work well.

Back to the unmodded version for me … until a more settled industry is created. πŸ™‚

jorgenRe
    Participant

This mod is awesome and i’m so happy i installed it πŸ˜€

But i chose to set down the difficulty by lowering the total amount of industries, just because there was kind off a pain to get a good map for those big industries, never the less i’m happy enough with having to only do 6 industry lines to make goods instead of the usual 3 for steel in the normal game as it means more income πŸ˜‰

SirSac
    Participant

Loving this mod. Noticed the industry needed some attention almost right away playing vanilla.

it would be really awesome if you could sell planks, steel and refined oil to cities at a reduced cost. as a mid-way point to household items. This may make it a bit easy for some players, but on a large map (I only play these), I find that it can sometimes only be possible to link all the resources up in late game. This leaves the early game to nothing but public transport and passenger trains.. this can be a bit boring after a bit.

Β 

Just me 2 cents. would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Great work on the mod! will be keeping an eye out for further tweaking in the future πŸ˜‰

NeighborKid
    Participant

Well I have some industries set up with train and truck.. but the production does not pass 3? Bug or do I have to connect all the possible supply chains to create the one product and have production increase?

ma2412
    Participant

has anyone installed this mod on a mac? if so, how?

Tegron
    Participant

Good Mod, but the issue is every time you adjust one line it crushes the other lines, and it does not help that industry only adjusts by 1 unit of cargo a month… you need to adjust the cargo modifier per month to up to 5 or even 10 units.

douglas
    Participant

But that is not the mod problem, but the game problem.

Tegron
    Participant

perhaps there is a way to fix that?

douglas
    Participant

Would be good. A way to increase the rate the production change. Its probably hard coded in the game. I thought this game would be more moddable.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.