[REL] KiwiRail Mods

Home Forums Modding [REL] KiwiRail Mods

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Skiwee
    Participant

Hey Mars_Mullo Good stuff ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s very doable to add new industry . Just keep things simple at first and expand on it. As for removing Oil Wells & Refineries entirely, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone try and I’m doubtful it’s even possible (TF doesn’t like it when you change original files).ย You might want to have a look at Kiwi-NZ’s mod

https://www.transportfever.net/filebase/index.php/Entry/814-Avanced-Train-Fever-Total-ATT/

It’s a bit more then what you have intended, but it’ll save alot of time on getting started. ย I was going to add new Dairy industry (Milk Farm > Processing {powder’d/cheese/enz.} > Goods) and had worked a day on it. But my plans for animating cows wasn’t possible, however with Transport Fever it will be.

The modern stock is easiest to mod due to all the photos fans and workers share online without them my mods would never have been as good/accurate. Also most of the stuff I learnt was just from comparing files, I also understood most of it as I had writen lua for an other game. And reading comments from others saved time filling in the gaps. Also from day-1 none of us realy knew anything. Just days of crashing to see if it worked or not ๐Ÿ˜€

donaldwal1
    Participant

Hey loving all this KiwiRail stuff. Just wondered are you planning to or working on a DC or a DFT/B to complete the AK consist? That would awesome!

Skiwee
    Participant

thx ๐Ÿ™‚ I am indeed working on the DC class, had made a start but haven’t picked it up again sinds the announcement of Transport Fever. I had also worked on CB coal wagon. I’m not sure when I’ll pick them up again though as I’ve been busy with a new project.

donaldwal1
    Participant

Hey are you planning on bringing these KiwiRail mods to ‘Transport Fever’ at some stage? It would be really good if you could. I’ve just happened to find a map of NZ on the steam workshop here:- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796349373&searchtext=

Having that with your KiwiRail mods would be really cool ๐Ÿ™‚

Skiwee
    Participant

I am indeed, though I’ve had to redo the uv-maps to take advantage of the new rust/dirt layers. I had originaly done it very lazy and rushed (so alot of cleaning up to do). I should be done with the DL class by the end of this month (Nov-2016) as I’ve taken a few days off work.

donaldwal1
    Participant

Sweet thanks. Any rough idea how long the AK’s might take? They looked amazing in train fever.

Skiwee
    Participant

I’ve made a start on them, the saloon-interior is almost finished and viewdeck doesn’t need anything done to it realy (except remove mannequins and setup passengers). I haven’t made up my mind if I’ll publish them seprately or as a pack. Of couse I could upload as is, but I’d prefer to keep the quality on par with the vanila-conent.

donaldwal1
    Participant

Fair enough, no hurry then take your time. It would probably make more sense to upload them as a pack as you did before, in case any last minute bugs appear when they are all done. Just a thought.

donaldwal1
    Participant

Just spotted the DL’s & the IAB’s on the workshop. Thanks heaps man!!

Looking froward to the AK’s coming to TF, and maybe a DC or a DFB to go with them?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by donaldwal1.
    Skiwee
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ your welcome and thank you very much! ^^

AK’s are still in progress but it’s getting there, though delayed as IAB seems to have trouble (to get technical) with the “discrete” levels. I’ve try’d converting it partly to items, but nothing so far probably over looking something that was changed sinds TF (fingers crossed). Didn’t have much time today as I was visiting family.

Skiwee
    Participant

Found the problem with the IAB’s and have published the update. Now I can finaly get on with the AK’s ๐Ÿ™‚

donaldwal1
    Participant

Hey man hows it going? Hope your keeping well. How are the DC’s coming along, got any screenshot’s you can share yet?

By the way I really like the ETD, it looks really good. I never knew it was possible to get something like that into the game. And as for the AK’s… WOW ๐Ÿ˜€ They look amazing. The amount of detail you have managed to include is ridiculous.

Really excited to hear and see what you are planning on bringing to the game in the future. A Metlink FP/FT emu (Matangi) would be amazing to have in the game seeing as someone has just uploaded a map of the lower North Island that includes the Kapiti Line here:- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=851446641

Skiwee
    Participant

I posted screenshot with an un-textured Incat highspeed ferry (used to sail the Cook Strait, Picton > Wellington) but no one seemed to have any interrest 19 views (no comments), so I discontinued that idea. This week I posted a pick ย of the current state my CB2 wagon is at and not far off from finishing. did the NS 6400 within a week very simple model.

CB2 wagon

I’ve been trying to find blueprints or technical drawings of either the FP, ย FM class or Silverfern, ofcourse I could ask http://www.trainzone.co.nz/nzr_rolling_stock.htm for contact info of the author(s) and convert them that would be much quicker and less painfull then doing it all from scratch.

I think I might give Christchurch station another go as the construction system can now do what I originaly intended I just have to figure it out. The new wiki should help (I hope). And the DC is kinda in limbo atm, not touched it sinds may. As the DCP, DFB, DFT, DX, DXB, DXC all look rather close to each other, I’m looking into how I could perhaps model them with the least amount of work.DC class

I’ve been trying to get a better understanding of the .mtl files and how the dirt/rust textures work so I can finish mods. and for the rest dabbling in some EU stuff:

New Routemaster

sinds august, 2016

Arnhem Centraal

sinds march, 2016

Thomas

sinds last month.

I got to add though I was realy hoping I would spark others into wanting to model assets as well.

P.S. the Kapiti Line looks pritty darn good indeed.

donaldwal1
    Participant

If it helps I belong to quite a few NZ train related groups on facebook that may quite possibly be able to provide technical drawings and blueprints for any trains over here. I’m going to be really busy for the next two weeks, but I should be free enough after then to see what I can find if you would like?

By the way are you still having issues finding pictures of the dump-doors, etc on the CB’s? I’m sure somebody on there will have photo’s of them if not.

I know quite a few people on one of the groups that model assets for various train related games. Mainly for trainz but two guys are not far away from finishing off the first entirely custom built NZ route for TS2017. I’m planning on getting them interested this game in the hope they will be keen to create more kiwi assets.

By the way that London bus and that station look really cool. Nice work! ๐Ÿ™‚

Skiwee
    Participant

If it helps I belong to quite a few NZ train related groups on facebook that may quite possibly be able to provide technical drawings and blueprints for any trains over here. Iโ€™m going to be really busy for the next two weeks, but I should be free enough after then to see what I can find if you would like?

That would be awesome and very much appreciated if you manage to find something.

For the dump doors I found an article of the CB wagon derailed on a collapsed over-pass in Australia, looks quite dramatic. Which led me to some more derailment pictures of the clean up and from it luckily 1 wagon has the dump doors open so I managed to figure it out.

I’ve also figured out the subtleties between DC.. , DF.. & DX.. class so I’ve continued a little on that now as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.