[REL] KiwiRail Mods

Home Forums Modding [REL] KiwiRail Mods

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    donaldwal1
    Participant

That reminds me I meant to say too there is no difference at all between the DC’s and the DCP’s. DCP’s only existed for a few years, they were reserved for passenger work, hence the P.

And there is no difference externally between the DFT’s and the DFB’s. The only difference is the DFB’s have ‘Brightstar’ wheelslip control systems installed in them, hence the B. And I think all of the DFB’s now have fire suppression gear installed. But apart from that the DFT’s and the DFB’s are identical. Apart from the odd minor difference in livery like the photo’s attached 

Skiwee
    Participant

Awesome 🙂

I also noticed DC and DB’s are almost identical except for a little “platform” and rails to go with at the back. I don’t think I’ll model them separately though. As they pretty much came around the same time the only real difference in under the hood (DC having twice the power).

donaldwal1
    Participant

Yeah exactly. The only classes that are a bit more complicated and probably would be worth modelling separately are the DXB’s, the DXC’s, and the DXR’s. The DXB’s are the standard design with ‘Brightstar’ wheelslip control. The DXC’s have more powerful engines and extra air intake chutes for operating through the Otira Tunnel with the main coal train’s. And the DXR’s have the same engines as the DXC’s (I think) and new cabs.

donaldwal1
    Participant

But personally I wouldn’t bother modelling the DXR’s if I was you. They look quite Australian so some people might like them,  but it’s up to you. My personal favorites are the DXB’s & DXC’s.

Skiwee
    Participant

Well with the contest coming up I’m playing with the idea to contribute something so have to take a break from everything else. But wanted to share some progress I’ve made so far.
    I’m rather excited about the Matangi now that I finaly found enough source matrial and blueprints.

I also finished modeling the DC class and started uv-mapping.

Skiwee
    Participant

And also got FF8 train in-game too with minor texturing

donaldwal1
    Participant

Hey I’m back. Sorry its been so long. Got hospitalised with pretty severe glandular fever about 2 months ago. Finally got out about three weeks ago. Been trying to catch up on everything since.

That Matangi is looking really good, well done. The DC is progressing really well too. You must be happy.

I’ve gotta say though that other train looks really weird, is it a concept train or something?

When I get a moment I’ll go and ask around if anybody has any blueprints or drawings of any loco’s, rolling stock that you maybe able to use. I’ve still got a few things to catch up on (and I’m in the mists of looking for a new job too) but I may have time in the next few days. I’ll get back to you with hopefully some good news 🙂

donaldwal1
    Participant

Hey, hows it going? It’s been awhile. You still making mods for Transport Fever?

I’ve just started getting back into it for the first time in nearly two years. It hasn’t changed much has it.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.