Let's Play Train Fever (Coming soon)

Home Forums General Discussion Let's Play Train Fever (Coming soon)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    jm764
    Participant

I’ll ask the secs if they plan to add the tree/water tool but that’ll most likely be for the map editor when the create/release it.

Also I’m taking more questions for the next video! (I’ll see if I can record it later today but no promises. ^_^;)

jm764
    Participant

Well I made/uploaded another episode last night, but I decided to redo is as I was just too tired to think straight when I made it! ^_^;

I’ll post a REAL episode 1 when I make it WHEN I’M FULLY AWAKE!!! XDg

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Hey jm764,

i saw your most recent video on YouTube, on beta 4068. I was wondering if you could list the changes in this update from 4026. Actually I started a new topic for changelog’s/patch notes: I’m wondering if some beta testers could post them in this topic:

http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/place-beta-changelogspatch-notes-here/

Thanks in advance, nice videos btw.

killkenny1
    Participant

jm, I’ve got a question for you – what’s wrong with your mic? I would really like to watch your vids (since I’ve already finished watching everything else), but this thing you’ve got with mic bugs me, so after 3 minutes I just turn it off…

jm764
    Participant

@johnathan078NL

Sure I’ll cove the changes in my videos! ^_^

@killkenny1

Well the first 4 we’re due to ptoblems with my old mic. The latest ones are due to the lack of volume controls ingame

olahaldor
    Participant

But while recording with OBS you should be able to dial down the system sound volume for recording?
    Do a couple of tests. Start the game, record, adjust the volume a little (in OBS) and see how it goes.

When you adjust the volume in OBS you won’t actually lower the volume you have on your headset, only the recording.

Mansen
    Participant

What Olahaldor says is quite true – OBS uses a separate sound level to that of your headset/speakers. You can turn your sound up and down all you want for your own personal output and OBS will still stay the same (very useful)

Use the microphone and output sliders in the OBS interface while recording offline to find a good balance – Might even help to tweak your mic a bit bac and forth to find a good balance between volume and static/background noise.

GeoffersH
    Participant

If it’s possible Jm764, I would like to see some low level horizontal shots during the recordings, just to see the amount of detail that can bee seen in the streets. Most of the other sims of this type, don’t allow the camera to go horizontal, or zoom in close. Just wondered if this was possible in TF.

Mansen
    Participant

This is about as close as you can zoom in.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/571150574255465159/DE2792087359EE0C4D96BD56A100F125D2ECEA95/

Detail is pretty good – Buildings have shop window textures that look natural even at this zoom level.

GeoffersH
    Participant

That’s pretty good  Mansen, much better than I thought it would be, only  most of these sort of games, don’t let you zoom in so far.  For a Beta, the textures are quite good too, so the finished game should look better still I suppose

pleym
    Participant

Countdown to Train Fever Release: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140904T17&p0=137&msg=Train+Fever+RELEASE&swk=1

+ 9 hours for Norway (CET) = “5th September 0200 am”

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by pleym.
    killkenny1
    Participant

^^^That’s me right now:

http://youtu.be/raTts-iGixU

jm764
    Participant

Btw I just got an email from the secs stating there will be two major updates to the game Sunday and tuesday for TF so I shall cove them as well. Also I will be starting my mini tutorial videos for those who don’t quite know how to play the game on the tuesday update release (assuming) all the most basic gameplay features have been fixed/added.

Also expect to enjiy my now properly volumes videos from now on! ^_^

Mansen
    Participant

I really wish the beta mails were more stable – I haven’t received any news yet on my side xD

Love the idea of a starter guide series. Definitely appropriate until the game receives an ingame tutorial of sorts. (Be sure to share the savegame and seed so they can copy what you’re doing with the same terrain)

jm764
    Participant

Secs = devs (Stupid iPhone auto correct! XD)

@Mansen

Well with such a great community like this they’re not important since everyone shares everything with each other! ^_^

Oh thanks, and I’ll be uploading all the saves/tutorials when I can for you guys. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.