[TOOL] Train Fever Model Viewer

Home Forums Modding [TOOL] Train Fever Model Viewer

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 73 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Omich.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Jey_Bee
    Participant

OK… problem fixed!

I needed Visual C++ 2013 !!!!!!!!!! (Not 2012)

NOW it works! 😀

Tattoo
    Participant

Still getting error when trying to open a file. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit fully updated already just last week. 🙁

This is the text inside the  box;

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL ‘lua52’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

at KeraLua.NativeMethods.LuaLNewState()

at NLua.Lua..ctor()

at TFMV.ContentManager.LoadMesh(String FileName)

at TFMV.MainForm.OpenMesh(String FileName)

at TFMV.MainForm.<.ctor>b__2(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.HandleVistaFileOk(IFileDialog dialog)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1026 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

—————————————-

TFMV

Assembly Version: 0.3.2.0

Win32 Version: 0.3.2

CodeBase: file:///F:/Train%20Fever%20Tools/Train%20Fever%20Model%20Viewer/0.3.2/TFMV.exe

—————————————-

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

—————————————-

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

—————————————-

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

—————————————-

OpenTK.GLControl

Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.1.1589.5942

CodeBase: file:///F:/Train%20Fever%20Tools/Train%20Fever%20Model%20Viewer/0.3.2/OpenTK.GLControl.DLL

—————————————-

OpenTK

Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.1.1589.5942

CodeBase: file:///F:/Train%20Fever%20Tools/Train%20Fever%20Model%20Viewer/0.3.2/OpenTK.DLL

—————————————-

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

—————————————-

NLua

Assembly Version: 1.3.1.0

Win32 Version: 1.3.1

CodeBase: file:///F:/Train%20Fever%20Tools/Train%20Fever%20Model%20Viewer/0.3.2/x64/NLua.dll

—————————————-

KeraLua

Assembly Version: 1.3.1.0

Win32 Version: 1.3.1.0

CodeBase: file:///F:/Train%20Fever%20Tools/Train%20Fever%20Model%20Viewer/0.3.2/x64/KeraLua.DLL

—————————————-

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1026 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

—————————————-

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1015 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

—————————————-

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging=”true” />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Jey_Bee
    Participant

Try to download visual C++ 2013.
    http://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=40784

It works to me!

Tattoo
    Participant

Yes, that did it. Thanx Jey_Bee

Tattoo
    Participant

Good work on this Omich. The model is a lot easier to see now and I like the zoom w/ the right mouse button. I also like how it show the centers.  Are you planning to show the animation of the vehicle in the future? That would be good to have.

Thank you for making this.

Tattoo
    Participant

I used this to view the things I made and it worked fine. I tried to load a default model and it didn’t work. After some checking, I found out that this doesn’t work if you have the cost mod installed. So if anyone else is having problems and you have the cost mod installed, that’s most likely your problem.

Otherwise it works great. I really like how it loads the .mdl file. Great work…

Omich
    Participant

Tatto, if you open .mdl with animations (only KEYFRAME animation type supported now, KEYFRAME_MATRIX animations such as pistons of default steam trains seems glitchy), it shows animations list under LODs list and play it, if you choose animation there.

TFMV uses some scripts from game to correctly load some values from vehicle configs. So, cost mod, probably, changes this game scripts and vehicle configs. To load modified by cost mod vehicles you should copy modified scripts from \TrainFever\res\scripts\ into \TFMV\lua\.

Also, for now I’m working on implementing some editing ability into TFMV and TFMC integration.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Omich.
    Tattoo
    Participant

it shows animations list under LODs list and play it, if you choose animation there.

Yes, I seen that but when I select a part of a steamer, the part moves up or down or sideways and not the proper animation. I was basically just letting you know that it’s flawed and is not a big deal. I just thought it would be nice if it worked as it should.

To load modified by cost mod vehicles you should copy modified scripts from \TrainFever\res\scripts\ into \TFMV\lua\.

I copied the file cost_mod_config.lua into the lau folder and the models load fine now. Awesome.

Again, thank you for making this. It really comes in handy to test my models. 🙂

Also, for now I’m working on implementing some editing ability into TFMV and TFMC integration.

I’m interested to see what you do with it. I’d like to see orthogonal projection if possible and camera views like shape viewer for msts.

Omich
    Participant

>when I select a part of a steamer, the part moves up or down or sideways and not the proper animation

As I said, some kinds of animation not supported properly now. I’ll fix it later.

>I’m interested to see what you do with it.

For now, I want to replace LODs and animations lists by a model tree graph, which shows model, groups, meshes and sub-meshes, animations, materials and textures in hierarchical structure.

And, yes, I will add an ortho projection, and ability to move parts of a model and so on in 3D viewport.

Tattoo
    Participant

Yes, that would be nice. I didn’t know your were planning all that. Kewl. I like that it shows the different lods too. I only wish there was something in game to say how far we are zoomed out so I knew how to set the distance in the .mdl file. I’m thinking of a vehicle that changes colors at certain distances to indicate how far out each distance is because right now I have no idea how far out or in I’m zoomed at. I noticed differences in the default .mdl files. Some single lod models are set at 2500 =/- and some are set at 1400 =/-. So I’m not sure which to use for mine with out knowing how far each distance is in game. I’d imagine the view distance on lower poly models would be higher than higher poly models.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Tattoo.
    Tattoo
    Participant

I just thought about this too, it might be nice to show the wire of the cantery so people can adjust the pantographs on their models.

DasMatze
    Participant

From the top of the rail to the bottom of the cantery there are 5.91 meters.

Tattoo
    Participant

Thank you

Omich
    Participant

Update 0.3.3

• Fixed animations. Now it displays most of animations are really correct;
    • Added orthographic projection and some camera position presets;
    • Added background and light color selection.

Editing functions not included in this update. They need some more polishing.

http://omich.pngamers.org/tfmv/0.3.3.zip

Tattoo
    Participant

Very nice Omich. I like what you’ve done. One thing I noticed is once an animation is selected, it won’t stop until I load another model. The thing I don’t like about it is where the view is centered on the axis of the model and I can’t move it except to zoom in/out.

This has come in handy to me more then a few times while building vehicles. This helps a LOT and am very thankful to you for making this and sharing it here as well as the German site.

Thank you again for making this and your converter. Any changes planned for the converter?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.