Suggestions/Fixes

Home Forums General Discussion Suggestions/Fixes

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    theRailerKid
    Participant

Excuse me, I am getting some very weird lighting glitches on my game. Could anyone help me? I do know that this game does not support Intel graphics cards, but is there a mod or something that can help me? I am able to open the game, weirdly. Here are my computer specs:

2.9 GHZ Intel core i7

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

OSX Version 10.9.5

bobo90
    Participant

You should go to the support tab.

Rosscoe
    Participant

Hello everyone!

Now I have not read through everything yet but I am going to bring this up. Have the devs planned to make any plans for a new offical update to expanded the current cargo truck station selection? Right now the current two are great for later years in the game but during the early years there’s just way to much congestion.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Rosscoe.
    Bkim
    Participant

Hi people,

I dived into Trainfever for the first time since release and i like it a lot. Here are my suggestions:

– Right click delete. Placing signals and misplacing them it would be nice to delete a signal with the right mouse button. Once deleted, you can progress placing signals with left button without going to the menu, click bulldozer, remove signal, select signals again etc. Same for track building.

– Vehicle names: I create my first busline in London. I call that line: “London busline 1”. Then i create a vehicle that i connect to that busline. It would be nice if the bus copies the name i gave to the line instead of the default name: “Vehicle 1”.

– Signals: i would like to select either a one way signal or two way signal from the building menu

– An option to resize windows.

– Renaming lines and vehicles: first i have to delete the default text with backspace. An option to overwrite the default name would be nice.

– In game terrain editor expanded (like Roller Coaster Tycoon 3)

So far my list. When there is more i will edit this post.

Grtz. Bee

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Bkim.
    Havan_IronOak
    Participant

I’m a BIG BIG fan of Railroad Tycoon III and have played the game for literally hundreds of hours.

I was happy to see your game on sale at Steam and I’ve now logged over 40 hours playing it.

In my opinion. you HAVE made some improvements over the other game in some areas but there are many ways that it feels “less.”

With that in mind, and after having read the first few posts in this thread, here are MY suggestions, for what they’re worth:

I love that switching and sidings play a role in the game. The RRT3 conceit that trains could just pass through each other was a programming shortcut that I’m glad to see you’ve gotten rid of.

I love that replacement strategies play more of a role in this game than they did in the RRT3 scenarios.

I do wish that track laying wasn’t instantaneous (or maybe only certain amounts each year with the rest building over time)

Horse and Wagon and Stagecoach models SHOULD have drivers. Not sure WHY their wheels go backwards (like in westerns when the camera shutter speed causes that illusion)

The UI should make reviewing one train after another easier.

The pop-up about vehicles reaching the end of their life ought to optionally be a game pausing pop-up.
    Or it ought to be controllable at the vehicle level rather than the route level ahead of time.

Locating instances of a particular type of industry/resource should be easier. We need an economic overlay map.

RT3 had a clunky rail laying UI. This one is worse! At least RRT3 had a primitive undo. Couldn’t the game when paused allow for a “planning mode?”  allow the user to lay tracks/ roads, etc but to be able to undo those things at no cost if their first attempts aren’t right. When the layout IS the way the user wants it then they’d exit the planning mode and their changes would be made.

The game has no regular feedback like annual stockholder feedback. I miss it. Also the ledger in RRT3 made reviewing all your company’s vitals easy. It’s MUCH tougher in Train Fever and it really shouldn’t be.

Implement a mini-map. Almost every game of this sort has one. Yours is unnecessarily clunky without one.

I’ve tried playing the game to get the penny pincher achievement and that makes the game much more interesting. The basic game in Easy mode starts with WAY too much money. RRT3 had a “governor” of sorts in that as you went deeper in debt the interest rate increased. Here it’s just locked at 10% and your credit limit is the same no matter how well your company is doing.

All maps are kinda the same. RRT3 used different historically real maps. I miss the history that was present in the earlier game.  Historically accurate maps would improve this game immensely.

I love that train cars of various types don’t just appear where they’re needed as in RRT3 but when you nerf’d the horse and wagons I think you went too far. There doesn’t seem to be any reason that wood and goods couldn’t be carried by the same wagons. Really the same for ALL the commodities. A better solution would have been to allow multi-use vehicles (they CAN carry barrels of oil, and barrels of Coal, or lumber, or goods, but to ADD specialized vehicles with higher capacities for the various cargoes as well.

Why no cabooses? Freight trains should have them, and did until the 1980’s

I do wish that different climates and season were possible.

Maps should contain coasts with ports sometimes.

I do miss the AI competitors and the stock market aspects of RRT3

I do wish that there was more variety in the commodities and that some production chains were longer.

Traian Trante
    Participant

I’d like an camera option to follow a specific wagon. For instance when i press alt-right click i want to follow the wagon I just clicked. Right now i can only follow the locomotive.

isidoro
    Participant

I’d just add a driver’s point of view.  Now the camera follows the train, but always look in the same direction.

Dionis
    Participant

Please add in the next patch such rail intersection:

Havan_IronOak
    Participant

Or How bout this arrangement? I grew up near Durand Michigan and this image of the Durand Depot around 1918 was everywhere.

Lines from Flint/Port Huron)  and Lansing/Battle Creek/Chicago converged with lines from Saginaw to Detroit

kingeek
    Participant

Hi. I am still playing my  ‘very big city’ ( http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/very-big-city/ )  and would like to provide some feedback. I know the game isn’t really designed to be played like this, but some of the things that happen may be interesting because they do often overlap regular game play.  Most of my ‘problems’ are probably caused by modding the engines, but can probably be solved nevertheless.

-Pedestrians stop moving on zebra crossings. I can think of all kinds of things to solve this, like forced moves after a timeout. Or giving the player the option to give them a push.  I am trying to reproduce this so I can provide a screenshot.

By the way almost all train related are easily reproducible on circular railroads, using modded high speed/power trains.

-Very powerful trains accelerate fast  and then start to decelerate, I assume to keep their distance from the train in front of them, dropping to very low speeds, only to accelerate fully again, instead of keeping a nominal speed. Adding more signals doesn’t really solve this.

-When skipping several stations before arriving at the next destination, at the second-to-last station trains slow down for no apparent reason, accelerate again after passing it and then make a normal arrival at the destination station.

-Signals sometimes remain red, and sometimes turn green after the section behind it is clear. Because of the circular nature of the railroad and the constant flow of trains traveling past the signals I would expect to see a constant pattern, maybe I am overlooking it.

-On circular bus lines (not sure about trains) passengers leave the bus when passing station number 1, only to board the same bus again to carry on, but sometimes missing it and having to wait for the next one.

-Not sure how the cargo distribution system works, but it seems to be a bit of a first come first served system. Because I use all factories within reach of the city, it would be nice if the cargo was evenly distributed. It is hard to tell exactly which cargo goes where, except by following it as it goes, but then when it’s on a truck or train you kind of lose it because of interchanging. There is plenty of cargo available but still the expansion of industries stagnates, even when the population keeps growing.

-It would be nice to be able to tell which industries lack cargo delivery.

-When stopping vehicles to clear a road for reconstruction, after removing a road, sometimes the stopped vehicle moves and becomes impossible to select, or even find. The only way to find it again is by sending the entire line to the depot and waiting for the one that remains outside.

-It would be nice to be able to tell which vehicles are ‘stopped’.

-Sometimes invisible fragments of rail stay behind after removing rails. They can only be found by trying to narrow down their position by building track over them and look for a collision, and are then still a lot of work to delete because of their invisibility.

-Building a tunnel under a factory can make the cargo spawn inside the tunnel. This would be perfect if underground truck stations were possible, of course

-Stations should really have exits on both sides, for being usable as a circular line.

-Under the charts tab, there is only one chart. Not a big deal, except for the fact that after over >2000 years it becomes fairly useless.

-It would be nice to have some way of finding places where new buildings have appeared, for a certain period.

-Locating people by their number would make it possible to enjoy looking at people who have nice routes. Maybe bookmarking them would be an option.

-Sticky windows would be nice. Especially the ‘manage lines’ being able to be kept open would be convenient.

– I started the city by making the basic layout and then let the game just run unattended for a couple of days to see what would happen. The city had expanded well, but so had memory usage. Saving the game and then loading it again resulted in about 3-4gb less memory being used.

– I am amazed how stable the game is, running a city with so many circular lines, with hundreds of buses/trucks running at very short intervals. Only when major deadlocks occur does the game ever stop working.

– Game performance drastically reduces when the manage lines windows is open and the lines are being shown as an overlay.

That’s all for now,

Kingeek.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by kingeek.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Waaah, just heard about the last patch and now am hurrying to bring up my most important points, though I know that I may be too late to have them severely considered for inclusion into the patch … but hope dies last 😀

Most important wished improvements that may be easily implemented:

1. Dialog to quit game opens in the upper left corner, while the menu that calls this dialog opens in the upper right corner of the game. I play TF with three monitors, spanned across all of them, so this always is a little bit annoying… 😉
    2. The same as 1. applies to some dialogs in game, though this is different from 1. as they are not fixed placed. E. g. the vehicle selection dialog, called from the depot, sometimes opens far away from the latter. So again, my mouse may have to travel across all three monitors.
    3. Sticky windows would be very very handy!
    4. Load option for line stops to wait for at least x% of the loadable goods to avoid having empty city delivery trucks cycle on the line, while the distribution train has a significant longer frequency
    5. In addition to 4.: Let the vehicle wait while there is cargo coming from another station that is grouped with the current station (if vehicle is not full, of course)
    6. More controls on a vehicle, e. g. skip next station (for me the vehicles seem to always choose the worst station to begin their line, though I always try to put the depot near to the stop, a vehicle should start)

Of course there are many more possibilities for enhancements – many of them mentioned within this thread as well – but apart from the would-be-goods and would-be-awesomes and should-be-theres, I reduced my list on improvements that may be done relatively quick (in increasing order) with a massive positive impact as a return.

I know I am late. But I would love to see some of them implemented in the last patch! 🙂

Keep up the good work!

Nicolas

Dionis
    Participant

The opportunity to build the traffic lights at the railway bridges and tunnels – it is very useful

kingeek
    Participant

Happy new year to the developers and fellow players!

One more thing I forgot:

The game crashes when a completely destroyed village’s name is clicked. Didn’t see that comin’ did ya 🙂

I assume that with the new map generation features in mind you’ll have solved that in the next update but thought it was worth mentioning.

kingeek

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by kingeek.
    Seamon
    Participant

There are two little things that I miss and I think it would be possible to add them within only a bit time:

– allow the possibility to replace busses by tram and tram by busses

– with the DLC: you can only choose, Europa, Nordic, USA or all. Give also the Option Europa & Nordic (without USA).

electricmonk2k
    Participant

-Very powerful trains accelerate fast and then start to decelerate, I assume to keep their distance from the train in front of them, dropping to very low speeds, only to accelerate fully again, instead of keeping a nominal speed. Adding more signals doesn’t really solve this.

There’s currently a bug(?) where occasionally, small (and sometimes very small) segments of track are built that have a much lower speed-limit than the surrounding track. The easiest way to find them is to let a train drive over the segment, and when the last wagon has left, the train will accelerate once again. This is where the slow segment is. The trick is to demolish that segment and possibly a few surrounding segments as well, and then rebuild the track (taking care to make sure those really-small segments are demolished as well). Hopefully, once you rebuild the track, the trains will pass it at a much greater speed.

-When skipping several stations before arriving at the next destination, at the second-to-last station trains slow down for no apparent reason, accelerate again after passing it and then make a normal arrival at the destination station.

Maybe this has something to do with the bug(?) with the small segments – in this case, there could be small slow segments just in front of or behind the tracks of the station.

-Stations should really have exits on both sides, for being usable as a circular line.

Actually, you should be able to use a one-exit station for a circular line, but yes, it would be nice to have stations with two exits, or even better, stations that exit directly into an adjoining bus-station without the people first having to go to the main road and then go to the bus-station.

-When stopping vehicles to clear a road for reconstruction, after removing a road, sometimes the stopped vehicle moves and becomes impossible to select, or even find. The only way to find it again is by sending the entire line to the depot and waiting for the one that remains outside.

In the “All lines” window, for each line, there is a list of all vehicles on a line. If we knew which line the disappeared vehicle was from, we could select all vehicles from within the lines window and open their windows to see which ones are stopped. Of course, it would be nice (hint! hint!) if we could see this list of vehicles from within the window for an individual line, rather than only the window for all lines (I think the list of vehicles should be in both windows).

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 121 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.