Time Running WAY To Fast

Home Forums General Discussion Time Running WAY To Fast

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

Yes please give us a lower time/speed!

The game moves so fast that it spoils the enjoyment of playing; that’s a poor strategy for securing the future of the game.

vinkandoi
    Participant

I usually have to run the game for 2 3 yrs to see results and then reload back. Please provide an option to scale time and a scaling number, that is use to recalculate the costs dynamically.

Traian Trante
    Participant

+1 from me as well. 10x slower time if possible. And it would be nice to hear form the devs, at least to say that they are considering this option or not. In fact it would be nice from the devs to pop their heads in the forum more often than they do right now….

Klinn
    Participant

I’m guessing the devs chose the current timescale so that a game starting in 1850 and extending to 2000 can be finished in a reasonable amount of time, not take weeks and weeks of playing.

However, I now normally start in 1900 or 1950 and an optional longer timescale would work out well there. It’s kind of like the Civilization series — you can start in a more modern era and set the game pace to a slower speed. Various game factors are adjusted to keep things balanced.

On the other hand, there are times when I’m just letting the game run while waiting for a particular engine or something to be invented, and an 8x fast forward speed would be handy then.

atpat
    Participant

+1

I wouldn’t say it ruins it for me, but in the time taken to analyse a line to see how it to make it work better, running at maximum speed so the trains get around enough times to see what is happening, decades can pass and suddenly it’s time for another round of bloody vehicle replacement again. Other games, such as Civ, let you adjust this factor.

Quarter the time taken, quarter the costs and revenues; but bear in mind that this may mean waiting four times as long for the time to pass towards that new vehicle type becoming available or having enough money to build new routes. My PC is fairly fast, but running at 4x definitely sweats the processor; and when there are a lot of objects to simulate, I think 4x is not really 4x faster – it just goes as fast as it can to try to approach that. Don’t underestimate how much is going on under the bonnet (hood) in TF. You may find that 4x is as fast as it can go unless you have your own supercomputer. Personally I wouldn’t mind this too much, but it has to be balanced. We want more time to study and perfect our lines, but we don’t want to have to wait for ages to accumulate enough capital to build the next stage of our network because the maximum running speed can’t exceed 4x.

A word from the devs would be good here: is the 4x speed limited to 4x because that’s as much as a typical PC can manage? Is work being done to optimise the processing so it can run faster?

bv
    Participant

No real train enthusiast will be satisfied with something that plays out in a few hours or days. If the time scale is made moddable, I bet we will see mods to make a game year last many hours.

FX2K
    Participant

No real train enthusiast will be satisfied with something that plays out in a few hours or days. If the time scale is made moddable, I bet we will see mods to make a game year last many hours.

And I will be right up their with the first people to download such a mod.
    It would be nice to hear from the Dev’s on this one, whether they would even consider it at least.

vinkandoi
    Participant

Another +1 in the steam forum also

http://steamcommunity.com/app/304730/discussions/

🙂

pm7
    Participant

I definately wouldn’t say it ruins the game, and of course its a simulation of time, but I just followed a random woman waiting at a train station going to work on the other side of the loch, She boarded the train on 30th Nov 1896 and got to work pn 11th Aug 1897, spending 6 days there before heading home. Funniest thing was, she just got to the station as the train came but it must have been full because it left without her and she had to wait another 4 months for the next train, arriving back in her home town on the 20th January 1999. So uhm yeah time needs tweaked a tad 😉

matrix
    Participant

pm7, I really feel for that woman and hope she arrived home in 1899, not more than a century later…

FX2K
    Participant

As vinkandoi mentioned, it takes far too many game years to even see the results of a line after a full round trip, then before you know it, its time to replace the vehicles on that new line.  Not to mention the period you get to make use of some of the trains is far too short because of this.  I know I can edit that aspect of it though via mod’s but still.

The animations (for me) at the second speed feel’s good, but the speed of the days passing by is waaaaaaay over the top, even on the normal speed setting.

Of course, then the income per passenger / cargo unit would also need an adjustment, but surely it could scale accordingly.

pm7
    Participant

Uhm lol yeah of course it was 1899 Matrix, that would have been some trip indeed!!

jon157uk
    Participant

I totally agree with this, the days, weeks, months, years, fly past way to quickly, we’ll be at the worlds end before we’ve had chance to enjoy the game at this pace…. Please slow the damn thing right down!

fransgelden
    Participant

I also upvote on this matter, this need serious tweaking.

Norfolk_Chris
    Participant

Yes time does run far to fast!  Could we have a lower speed option in the next patch?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.