Train Fever American Mod Pack

Home Forums Modding Train Fever American Mod Pack

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Smuddl
    Participant

What about adding the EMD F5 and Coaches in Great Norhtern /illinois Central livery

(Legendary Panama Limited /City of new orleans train)

I think it will be quite cool to have that legend in TF.

Mail me if you are interested in this Project and need some data and information.

BlackDiamond1964
    Participant

We should get a group together to work on this. I’m very interested in creating some content for this game, but the devs need to give us the tools and the know how to do it first.

pschlik
    Participant

What about adding the EMD F5 and Coaches in Great Norhtern /illinois Central livery

(Legendary Panama Limited /City of new orleans train)

I think it will be quite cool to have that legend in TF.

Mail me if you are interested in this Project and need some data and information.

You could always add a locomotive to the google drive document if you want to, but for now the focus is to get the initial vehicle list ready to run.

rome159
    Participant

Discovered that you can import Inventor files in to 3D Max and Max will make the low, medium, and high detail meshes for you

Better vision of Baldwin 0-6-0:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByJvzZh8mNttMThlZTRYWTl2bkk/edit?usp=sharing

Would like some feed back on the model, but nothing on textures.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by rome159.
    rome159
    Participant

3 hours later…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByJvzZh8mNttTFFYbEVRaDN2dHc/edit?usp=sharing

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Hi there,

Are you also considering the EMD Class 66? This is a more modern loc, while actually it’s a beast! Hope you make it, if so with multiple textures like this one: Captrain EMD Class 66

KilrBe3
    Participant

How is that American mate?

If anything, we need iconic locos. SD-40–2, GP-38’s, Dash 9s, P40s, SD70s, etc etc. The real iconic American locos. Stuff that we can use late-game in TF.

rome159
    Participant

that’s not American

this is

and this

and one of these

Matt
    Participant

the 1st 2 are the same train 😛

Big boy fuck yes.

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

@KilrBe3

”How is that american mate?”

Well read this:

Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc., also referred to as “EMD”, is owned by Caterpillar through its wholly owned subsidiary Progress Rail Services Corporation. The company designs, manufactures and sells diesel-electric locomotives and diesel power engines under the Electro-Motive Diesel brand.[2] EMD offers an extensive range of locomotive products in the rail industry.[3]

Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. traces its roots to the Electro-Motive Engineering Corporation, founded in 1922. In 1930, General Motors Corporation purchased the Winton Engine Co. and Winton’s primary customer of gasoline engines, the Electro-Motive Company (a gasoline-electric car manufacturer), combining the two to form GM’s Electro-Motive Division (EMD) on January 1, 1941.

In 2005, GM sold EMD to Greenbriar Equity Group LLC and Berkshire Partners LLC, which formed Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc., to facilitate the purchase. On August 2, 2010, Progress Rail Services Corporation completed the purchase of Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. from Greenbriar, Berkshire, et al. making Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Progress Rail Services Corporation.

EMD’s headquarters, engineering facilities and parts manufacturing operations are physically located in McCook, Illinois.[note 1] EMD’s final assembly operations were located in London, Ontario, Canada, until the plant’s closure in February 2012; a new assembly site was opened in late 2011 in Muncie, Indiana. EMD operates a traction motor maintenance, rebuild and overhaul facility in San Luis Potosí, Mexico.

As of 2008, EMD employed approximately 3,260 people.[4] In 2010 EMD held approximately 30 percent of the market for diesel-electric locomotives in North America.[5]

…….. 😛

jm764
    Participant

@Jonathan078NL and everyone else.

By the way, ANY locomotive made in The US, Canada, and Mexico for domestic/international use can be added to this mod.

Examples:

Class E (“Ye”): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_locomotive_class_Ye

DSB class MY: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSB_Class_MY

and many more…

OF COURSE, the American only locomotives come first! 😉

Buggi
    Participant

I’m keeping my eyes on this thread hoping to see some downloads soon. 😀

KilrBe3
    Participant

Anyone make any weekend progress? Importing? Scratch built? 🙂

RAAndre
    Participant

I vote for:

UA TurboTrain

All Superliner versions

All Viewliner versions

The Ultra Dome double-deckers

Double-Stack freight cars

Roadrailers

CNG & LNG “engine-tender-engine” combos

And of course Big Boy!

Smuddl
    Participant

I think we should start at the EMD series cause there is an Nohab basic model for this in the game so we just need to workout some details and in the First to pictures the trains are not the same The First is an 1995 SD70/90 the second is an 1970’s  EMD E6 A-unit but they are operated by the same railroad.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.