Train Fever American Mod Pack

Home Forums Modding Train Fever American Mod Pack

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Wongtin_dan
    Participant

Actually that’s a GE Dash 9 (C44-9W) and the second is an EMD F-Unit. E6’s have a more slanted nose and SD70’s have different noses and trucks/bogeys. Either way it’d be nice to see these two in the game.

Tattoo
    Participant

Here’s something I’m working on. It’s an msts engine from the Chessie set from Dekosoft. The problem is that they used 6 images on the model and TF stuff only uses one so I have to combine all the textures together and remap the model to use one image. I don’t see anywhere in TF files to use multiple images so am hoping this works. Also, TF images are 1024×1024 and this will have to be 2048×2048 and don’t know how TF will handle it. Will just have to wait and see how it works. I also have to fix up the model. The grabs and railings are crap and need fixing. I’m almost done with it. Probably be done with it tomorrow but am not sure if I can release it since it’s payware. Maybe I can contact someone from Dekosoft to ask permission but they probably won’t like that I imported their model to use for something else. msts people are kinda picky about that.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Tattoo.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Tattoo.
    Wongtin_dan
    Participant

There was a mod for Locomotion that included a whole set of converted vehicles from Dekosoft, so you could probably use it here too.

olahaldor
    Participant

It handles 2K images no problem. The Flirt is 2K. 🙂

pschlik
    Participant

The problem is that they used 6 images on the model and TF stuff only uses one so I have to combine all the textures together and remap the model to use one image. I don’t see anywhere in TF files to use multiple images so am hoping this works.

That could be troublesome for me, too; I have no clue how the textures are mapped, and the AC4400 I want to convert also uses 6 textures, so I’d like to hear how that works out. I would experiment on my own, but I have been beyond busy this week.

Tattoo
    Participant

so I’d like to hear how that works out. I would experiment on my own, but I have been beyond busy this week.

I should know in a couple days. This model is taking a really long time having to fix it up. It was made with Train Sim Modeler and it has no snap-to feature so everything is all off and I’m making sure the model is sealed. I’m not sure how the game would handle a model with open faces showing. msts used a LOT of alphas but I don’t see any in TF. All their models are all sealed so I’m guessing that’s how it has to be and that’s what’s taking the most time. But I did find one, out of many I looked at, that had an axle where the ends weren’t capped.

Mav12
    Participant

Somebody added USA theme park style Steam Engines: (The author made them for RCT3, I guess he converted it to train fever)

http://www.train-fever.net/filebase/index.php/Entry/115-Iron-Horse-Pack/

KilrBe3
    Participant

Woot, it’s a start and the first US rolling stock I’ve seen!

jm764
    Participant

Ok. It seems this pack is more or less abandoned right now, BUT I HAVE GREAT NEWS…

I’m probably going to start commissioning (paying) you guys to help make models for the game.

anyway if you guys want to help out for free then thats good too! ^_^

– Jm764

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Hey guys,

You’ll gotta take a look at train-fever.net: seems to be alot of american trains releasing the last couple of days:

Union Pacific UP DDA40X “Centennial” by Thorty:

Union Pacific SD60 by DasMatze:

EMD SD70 Mac by DukeaufDune:

In case you all didn’t know 😛

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Jonathan078NL.
    Jonathan078NL
    Participant

I would say make some repaints of these models, and BAM!, you got like 6 to 9 awesome looking loc’s, repaint some in Santa Fe ‘livery’. Be smart, don’t re-model the same over and over again.

BTW, there arw coming more American models like this, keep an eye on train-fever.net

RAAndre
    Participant

NICE!  Really really nice 🙂

TheShoe
    Participant

Im loving all the work thats going on! Anybody working on any Amtrak locomotives or carrages? That would make my night if they were! i would love them in the game 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.