Train Fever American Mod Pack

Home Forums Modding Train Fever American Mod Pack

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    jm764
    Participant

Moved from the old discussion post:http://www.train-fever.com/forums/topic/looking-for-modders/page/4/

Hey guys, I’ve finally had time to truely start working on my American mod pack now! Feel free to contribute information for the locomotives below and any designs for them! ^_^

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZpELjsDNsI1a8Y44JW0Vg7eX0NSJg8k1oX3R7qZwPtA/edit?usp=sharing

NeighborKid
    Participant

So I just want to add my 2 Cents. ….  for Murica!

Locos that I want to see are.

Steam-

Big Boy 4-8-8-4

Challenger 4-6-6-4

GS-4

ATSF 3751 4-8-4

PRR K4  4-6-2

PRR J1 2-10-4

BN 2-8-0 F5

NKP S-2 2-8-4

SP&S E1 Northern 4-8-4

Diesel

P32 & 42 Genesis.

Dash 9

GP38-2

SD40-2

GP 9

SD40-2 High Hood

SD 70m

F 40 PH

Alco RS11

SD45

ES44DC

F7 Stremlined

Shoreliner III cab car

Electric- my most hated

ACS-64

HHP-8

EMD AEM-7

GG1

Acela

…Plenty more too..

hert
    Participant

I dont know why but when I think of a American Mod pack for this game. I cant help but think of Transport Giant the USA region having those as 3D and that would be what hte American pack would look like. Stagecoaches, Model Ts, 4-4-0 and so on….

jm764
    Participant

NeighborhoodKid- Some are already on the small list in the link and all are on the master list I’m still adding to.

For now the ones in the link will be avalible by TF launch… hopefully.

hert – To be honest that’s the same game I think of as well! XD

Goemoe
    Participant

Didn’t they say, they will do an american themed DLS anyway?

jm764
    Participant

Goemoe- Yes they did, but I’m impatient and I also want to improve my modding skills as well so I figured why not make an American vehicle pack before the devs do! XD

jm764
    Participant

Just a post bump so people remember this project still exists! XD

Mansen
    Participant

With a little luck the mod might even become part of the main game itself – Wouldn’t be the first time that has happened. 🙂

pschlik
    Participant

Is anybody willing to contribute to the costs of the vehicles? So far, nobody has decided on what all these locomotives should cost! 😛

Mansen
    Participant

It all depends on a number of things.

• Are they going to replace the existing trains? For something like an American themed game, where you don’t get access to most European trains at all. If that is the case, it would make sense to mirror the existing trains as closely as possible (within reason given performance differences and year)
    • Are they going to be added as additional trains? In that case the prices have to be competitive with existing trains – Is X train slightly faster than Y train in the same time period? Up the costs a little.
    pschlik
    Participant

I’d think the prices should be balanced based on other locomotives no matter what. Train Fever’s money system isn’t necessarily accurate, so the best thing to base the prices off of would be other vehicles. Also, I don’t think the first release will be standalone, we probably have the time to gather up some rolling stock research, but the focus of the first release is the locomotives.

Jonathan078NL
    Participant

Cool idea, I’m hoping someone also try to make a dutch NS trainset!

jm764
    Participant

Just another post bump to keep things active.

Still lookin for modelers who want to work on the current vehicle list. By the way, the faster we finish these the faster we can start adding more to the list! ^_^

pschlik
    Participant

When I have the time, I’ll definitely look for some of those missing power values. I think Ill also work on prices by matching the stats on a test locomotive and seeing how they perform, then basing the costs on that. Also, sine I brought it up, do you think we should add any rolling stock for the initial version?

jm764
    Participant

I gate to say this…

But development on TFAM… Has not progressed at all…

We have the data but sadly don’t have any modelers for the locomotives…

I was hoping to fill in that void myself but I am unable to due to school/work…

So it seems TFAM won’t be released during launch week like I planned… If at all at this rate.

So if anyone feels like they want to help PLEASE assist me and my team.

Who go knows maybe I’ll be able pay you for your efforts if you do a superb job! ^_^

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • The forum ‘Modding’ is closed to new topics and replies.