Losing interest in this game

Home Forums General Discussion Losing interest in this game

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    sub39h
    Participant

You could look at it from the other side and say that if the game was more polished it would have more customers. No doubt a lot of people will have been put off with the bugs and glaring omissions

Tattoo
    Participant

,@NLTops – Dude, I can care less what you think. These forums were put here for us to voice our opinions, complaints as well as compliments about our game experience and I voiced mine about my dislikes of the game. If you have a problem with that, TOO DAMN BAD. Bottom line, they sold me a game at full price and I am displeased with it so far and wrote about it in the forums they setup to do just this. They NEVER said there are problems with this game. I give a rats ass how small their team is. They released a game and charged me money for it. I have a right to say/type what I feel. If that upsets you then that’s just too damn bad. You did not pay for my game nor will you pay for other games. So you can quit with your holier than thou attitude because it means nothing to me. I will continue to voice my opinion whether you like it or not. Screw you. You can take your head out of the DEVs ass now.

Now I know where the term, Fanboy comes from. There’s one in this thread named NLTops.

Viljainen
    Participant

The only thing I can complain about is Urban Game’s involvement in the game community ( or lack thereof ):/

It would be nice, but… if the are focusing on development, I guess I would rather that. 

I would be happy with a weekly update about what they are working on at the moment and what we can expect in the next patch. Doesn’t have to be a Dev Diary or anything fancy.

@Tattoo
    – Please keep it civil. You have the right to voice your opinion but so do we all. We also have the right to disagree with you without being called names.

Timbo
    Participant

@Tattoo – Please keep it civil. You have the right to voice your opinion but so do we all. We also have the right to disagree with you without being called names.

Seconded.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Timbo.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Timbo.
    Tattoo
    Participant

I’ve been civil the whole time until NLTops turned it around acting as if I’m putting down the DEVs or bad mouthing someone when all I did was voiced my opinion. Obviously that upset him and insinuated that I was dramatizing and acting peeved. So I gave him what he said I did, nothing more. I will apologize to others if I upset them with my last post. I will not apologize to NLTops for something I did not do. Don’t insinuate things about me and I won’t act uncivil. Bottom line….

Have a great day….

fcsaba
    Participant

I totally agree with Tattoo.

If you buy a car, would you care if it was built by 300 people or just 5? Would you be satisfied if you were told that the car lacks the steering wheel because it was built by only few guys?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s a bad game, my problem is that the devs should not sell it as a full game, because it is misleading. It is an early access game and should be treated as so.

My other problem is the attitude of the devs toward this forum and the community, but that’s another thing.

Viljainen
    Participant

Sure, the small size and lack of experience of Urban games are no excuses to not to fix the game but it’s good to keep them in mind when setting your own expectations.

There are not so many transport/sim games released so I’d really like to see TF succeed and thrive. I’ve bought the game to give it some support even though I knew it wasn’t fully finished yet. Always happy to support an independent game developer rather than €A or some other giant corporation.

uzurpator
    Participant

fcsaba and tattoo.

Listen guys. This is a matter of objective reality. It is not possible, phisically, to make a better piece of software within the constraints UG is placed upon. Period.

You are faced with a binary choice – either close the company because you are low on funds, or release 90% ready game and polish as you go? What do you do? Because that is the choice UG had to make.

Granted, they effed up by trying to make their own engine, and that cost them dearly. Granted, they continue to eff up by not communicating with their community. But nonetheless, they still produced quite fine piece of software.

My advice to UG, would be to take example of Grinding Gear Games – people behind Path Of Exile. Unlike UG, GGG people are responding to community feedback, and are actively making the game that said community wants.

Tattoo
    Participant

Here we go again with people insinuating things that were never said. I never said that they were not fixing the game nor did I say that they screwed something up. I said I was losing interest in the game and explained why and hope that they do something to change my mind about it.

This is a good example of a grapevine. People really know how to turn something around and turn it into something it never was. Please get your facts straight before insinuating things about what was typed. It makes you look and sound like an idiot when you don’t.

fcsaba
    Participant

@uzurpator: True. I think if the devs hired a guy for spending only 30 minutes a day on the forum, answering questions, spreading more information about what the devs are working on, nobody or signficantly less people would be complaining.

The problem is that nobody says nothing, a post every two or three week can’t be called a good relation with the community… which is far more important in 2014 than the devs think.

SFG
    Participant

@ fcsaba The problem is that nobody says nothing, a post every two or three week can’t be called a good relation with the community… which is far more important in 2014 than the devs think.

Yeah thats what devs has to do… stay in touch with us. Well we are the consumers and we are the People spending Money for a Company. So here we are waiting for some News and Infos 🙂

greetings Markus

Viljainen
    Participant

Interestingly, the developers often reply to topics about technical problems in the support forum (exactly as they should). So they do read this forum regularly.

Geneo
    Participant

I wish I had a dollar for every person who has said they don’t like a game or is “losing interest” in it.  I’d split it with you and we’d all retire.

Why is this pointless thread still going?  Doesn’t matter to me what one guy thinks- only what I think.

crossmr
    Participant

and yet here you are replying to it and getting involved. Your actions give away your true feelings.

trainzeiro
    Participant

Who are “against” this game should read and understand the goal of this game. when I said read, try to read the papers shoewed here: http://www.train-fever.com/about/ .

For me the main goal of TF is to grow and organize cities its selfs and with relation with the other cities usin railroad network and other transportation like trams, buses and trucks.

The beautiful of this game the quality os the objects much more better and nice than OppenTTD wich is too much schematic and simplistic and with too strong colours (or horrible colours).

TF was created to play as an urbanist … was it? that like to use trains to develop cities.

As I wrote somewhere else if I start to compare games … Or what to say is: If I want some characteristics in TF, I’ll play another game like Trainz or MSTS TrainSimulator or Open Rails …

Cheers, T.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 174 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.