Losing interest in this game

Home Forums General Discussion Losing interest in this game

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    uzurpator
    Participant

You have to make capacity of vehicles a factor in a transportation game.

That is a balance issue. My Reasonable Balance Mod takes that into account. For example, most cargo carriers got a massive reduction of capacity. Initial freight cars now carry 2 units of cargo.

The game playes MUCH friendlier now ( along with cost reductions, obviously ).

Tattoo
    Participant

I think the acceleration of a fully loaded train with 23 cars shouldn’t hit it’s top speed within a few meters. You would think it would start out slower with a full load.

I set my boxcars to carry only 2 cargo units too. I think it sucks having to do that but atleast I can use more cars per train.

uzurpator
    Participant

I think the acceleration of a fully loaded train with 23 cars shouldn’t hit it’s top speed within a few meters. You would think it would start out slower with a full load.

The problem is – cargo is weightless. So the best we can do is to attach certain statistically significant weight to freight cars.

This is actually very good request to devs – give us control over cargo weight.

FX2K
    Participant

10k people is peanuts. Modern computer should be able to manage several hundred thousands of those.

Or, if Colossal Order succeed where maxis failed, 1 million+

I don’t disagree, but in the context of this game, it obviously can’t handle it at the moment, neither can Simcity, hence the fudged numbers from the start and the shoebox village sized maps with that.

Colossal Order may do it different… but those are city builders hence different games.  Cim2 is comparable, being it is a transport game with lines / routes / civs / PG cities… and for me, the performance in that is a stable 60 fps.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by FX2K.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Admiralhehehe, I just seen this. So I’m a hater now huh? Too funny. Yes, I’d use the manual to find out what else I don’t know about the game. I could care less if you don’t use them. you want a Bozo button there pal? I shouldn’t have to search Google or fora to find out how to play the game I just bought and/or wait 2 weeks to find out there is an easier way to make a bridge using the M and N keys. The game should have came with a fucking manual!!!

Maybe I was a little bit rash. What I meant to say, is that there isn’t a manual is the least important thing to complain about right now. There are other issues with TF which are more important to be fixed than a manual right now. To say it in dutch: ‘spijkers op laag water zoeken’. So no you’re not an hater but still I don’t understand why you are complaining about a manual.

@Partyshreck

You can only play Train Fever for watching trains and passengers. Or you igonre all the rules of efficient play, that the game sets, play badly and be happy, that yor´re making money.

Sadly enough you made me make the conclusion, that it is the only reason why I am still playing Train Fever right now. The economy and transit system is totally broken. I have stopped trying to make express lines and only regional trains which stops at every town are running. There is no need for citizens to travel from one side tot the map to another. But because it’s nice to see a TGV running trough the map I still let it run, even with 2 million loss.

Tattoo
    Participant

That’s why you gotta cheat to get any satisfaction from owning the game. I don’t care, I’ll change everything I can to enjoy playing this game. I put out the dough, I’m gonna enjoy it one way or the other…

Tug
    Participant

People are pathetic.  Don’t buy a product and then complain, you look like an idiot.  Instead, first research the product with the vast amount of media and reviews available, and then decide whether or not to make the purchase based on your research.  If you choose not to research and then blindly buy products and then complain, you should probably start eating your own shit.

FX2K
    Participant

People are pathetic.  

Generalisation if ever I saw one.  Are you not in the ‘People’ category then?

1. People are entitled to their opinions
    2. If nobody spoke up about anything, nothing would be improved ever (ok well mostly).

Are you enjoying the improvements of the last few patches?  Thank those who complain.

Sometimes people may take it a bit far yes, but looking stupid and being pathetic is a bit strong don’t you think. An example of taking it too far right there.

Tug
    Participant

There is a difference between complaining and feedback, but either way it is sad to be a human.

FX2K
    Participant

You where complaining about people complaining was you not?
    Also, this really isn’t an 18+ game, I don’t see why you had to include some ‘bad language’ in your post. Maybe you should think about showing some respect to other forum users / viewers.

Tattoo
    Participant

I was just gonna type that, darn it. A complainer complaining about complaining. hehehe, too funny…

Here’s what my game looks like after I changed the speed of the cars. I got people at the stations again 🙂

crossmr
    Participant

People are pathetic.  Don’t buy a product and then complain, you look like an idiot.  Instead, first research the product with the vast amount of media and reviews available, and then decide whether or not to make the purchase based on your research.  If you choose not to research and then blindly buy products and then complain, you should probably start eating your own shit.

Another classic fanboy response.

Researched it, advertised features aren’t in the games.

You can’t research bugs on day 1.

devs need to try harder and trying to troll these accounts. if a real user wrote that, they should be slapped.

Tossi
    Participant

Another classic fanboy response.

Researched it, advertised features aren’t in the games.

You can’t research bugs on day 1.

devs need to try harder and trying to troll these accounts. if a real user wrote that, they should be slapped.

Except for the problems with some drivers and chipsets I knew all annoying quirks and shortcomings of Train Fever when I preordered. There were enough videos on youtube to find that out.

crossmr
    Participant

Except for the problems with some drivers and chipsets I knew all annoying quirks and shortcomings of Train Fever when I preordered. There were enough videos on youtube to find that out.

It’s not a customers job to have to watch hundreds of videos for a $35 purchase. Instead they should release a quality product. I doubt a single video showed you the problem of passengers not exiting trains at the end of the line because of bad pathfinding.

They specifically talked about multiple switching methods used for dynamic switching and even sent that around after release, yet it’s nowhere in the game.

Stop trying to blame the customers for an incompetent dev. They’re not going to take you out for pizza for defending them on the forum.

Mike
    Participant

BTW guys, don’t forget to read the manuals! I’ve just found a recent “Building bridges and underpasses” tutorial on Steam TF page – it solves basically all “road-over-rail” building issues!

Let’s not blame devs – they do everything right, and I’m so grateful that finally someone came with the idea after a decade (!) of waiting for a fully-3D railroad tycoon game, and I don’t regret paying $30 for this even if it would stay just an idea. They needed our money to make this happen!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Mike.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 174 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.